When hearing Waldorf Astoria, the expectations are high! Upon arrival in the one bedroom residence, it was definitely exceeding my expectations. With a nice bed, two bathrooms, a large living room, including dining room and high-end kitchen (incl. washer/dryer) it was a small slice of heaven.
However in hospitality - service is a decisive key factor and that is where I was seriously disappointed. Before arrival I asked several questions via e-mail, but for some reason they ignored the question about possible hotel/airport transportation? Upon arrival, we weren't in the system, despite having been e-mailed the booking confirmation. One colleague arrived a day later, but upon check-out they were adamant that he stayed the same duration since the system was telling them this. It wasn't till showing the flight details that they understood they were wrong.
Upon returning to my room, my bed had been made but my door had been left open, without any staff inside. So anybody could have been in my room! At the restaurant one evening we had the waiter forget part of the order, it also took the kitchen over an hour to prepare the meals.
The valet service due to a lot o people leaving, it took about half an hour before we were able to get out truck which was sitting 50ft down the driveway.
So all in all these sometimes small points added up to a big nuisance and Waldorf was not able to match my expectations.
I do need say that not all service was bad, particularly the breakfast was lovely outside on the terrace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Park City welcomes guests to the largest ski and golf resort in the United States, Park City Resort. Nestled among the pristine Wasatch Mountains, Park City, Utah, is a mere 35 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport. The hotel's guest rooms are appointed with custom furnishings, suites with top-of-the-line kitchens and spectacular views of the ski slopes and picturesque Wasatch Mountains. Integral to the guest experience at Waldorf Astoria Park City is its 16,000-square-foot spa and on-property restaurant, Powder. The property was recognized in 2015 by Travel & Leisure for “The World’s Best Hotels”, 2014 as the top hotel in Utah on Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List also by Condé Nast Traveler “#7 Resort in the West-2013”, and Readers' Choice Awards, “Top 40 Resorts in the West”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Hotel Park City
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah