I stayed at the Waldorf Park City March 22-25 with some buddies for a ski trip.
I called the hotel several times in the weeks leading up to the trip and the staff were always willing to answer my questions. Jonathan, Barbara, and Tracy were all very courteous and informative. Jeff at the valet desk was always super friendly and helpful. We arrived very late because of a flight delay and some wintry weather, but Shasta got us checked in and taken care of. The first night they were out of roll-away beds (we arrived around midnight) so she was able to offer us a complimentary additional room for our extra guest which was a nice plus. We didn't get invited or notified of the wine tasting on Saturday night the 23rd. Either we arrived too late on Friday to be informed or it was a private event in the lobby. In the grand scheme, no harm no foul.
We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a 1 BR suite upon arrival since I am a Hilton Gold Elite. The room looked out toward the front of the hotel and had a nice big balcony. King Bed in master BR with marble shower with seat, full jacuzzi tub, TV in bathroom, 42 inch TV in bedroom with a fireplace. Living area had a nice pull out sofa, table with 4 chairs, and full kitchen with bar stools and Viking appliances. There was also a 2nd full bath in room 6018 which rounded off a very well appointed room. I was a fan of the Ferragamo toiletries in the bathrooms. Overall, a phenomenal room which was perfect for what we needed. We turned the fireplace on, sipped the awesome hot chocolate, and watched March Madness after awesome days of skiing.
We didn't have to handle our ski gear much at all during the trip which was huge plus. We checked our tennis shoes at the ski butler downstairs and used the room to strap on our boots. It was a short 100 yd or so walk or complimentary golf cart ride to the private gondola which takes you directly to the Canyons orange bubble lift. At the end of the day you can either take the Waldorf gondola back down or ski a green trail all the way back to the hotel minus the 100 yd walk across the street. They have a hut to check your skis right by the gondola, and the guys at the ski butler room were awesome about taking our boots and directing us to the complimentary hot chocolate and cider. The hot chocolate was the best I've ever had. The smores over the impressive charcoal grills in the evenings were a nice plus. We didn't get to check out the pool/hot tub or spa, but they looked very nice.
Hotel is very conveniently located. Ski in/gondola out access, 3-4 miles from awesome restaurants and trendy scene in Park City, and only 30-45 minutes from SLC. We skied for 2 full days at Canyons and barely repeated any trails. We didn't even get to ski half of them because the resort is so expansive. Very scenic, upscale, and gorgeous. Hard not to have a smile on your face when surrounded by such beauty and magnificence.
An awesome trip! We are already talking about making Park City an annual trip. Thanks Waldorf for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Park City welcomes guests to the largest ski and golf resort in the United States, Park City Resort. Nestled among the pristine Wasatch Mountains, Park City, Utah, is a mere 35 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport. The hotel's guest rooms are appointed with custom furnishings, suites with top-of-the-line kitchens and spectacular views of the ski slopes and picturesque Wasatch Mountains. Integral to the guest experience at Waldorf Astoria Park City is its 16,000-square-foot spa and on-property restaurant, Powder. The property was recognized in 2015 by Travel & Leisure for “The World’s Best Hotels”, 2014 as the top hotel in Utah on Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List also by Condé Nast Traveler “#7 Resort in the West-2013”, and Readers' Choice Awards, “Top 40 Resorts in the West”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Hotel Park City
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah