New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently spent 5 nights here while skiing at the Canyons. Loved the gondola ride up to the base of the Canyons and the convenience of room valet for ski rentals. The property is always gorgeous (summer and winter). I've stayed here many times and the service has always been consistent. Unfortunately, that holds true for their restaurant on site. It continually lets me down - go out for a nice dinner as I have not had a successful meal at the hotel restaurant (and I've tried every time I've been on-site).

The pool and hottubs are heated perfectly for winter weather! What a treat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were here in July, and the resort was just awesome. It was our first experience at a Waldorf, but it certainly compared well with our other favorites, the Ritz, and 4 Seasons. The staff was over the top friendly. Dinner was great. Food was excellant. The service was perfect, yet our waitress seemed like my favorite Aunt. Very comfortable experience. Pool area reminded me of a country club. I would recommend going there even if it is a few more dollars. You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kritomang
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

this was the only place available during sundance. The chicken soup and polenta pufffs from room service were excellent. Very expensive but they do have humidifiers in the room. And the gas fireplaces are cool. 30$ resort fee includes vaet parking and internet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everyone at this hotel really goes out of their way to help. We came here at the beginning of the season when there were not enough snow and the staff actually told us about another mountain where the snow is more reliable.

While I am not crazy about the decor, the rooms are clean and spacious, and the spa bathroom is to die for.

The restaurants leaves much to be desired but the concierge and the shuttle to
Ark city make up for it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank YaRoo_64
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I have used Ta to find great hotels all over the world & was truly looking forward to a stay with my family at the Waldorf over Christmas break after reading the numerous glowing Waldorf reviews.

On the positive: if you are a family staying with children - great accommodation, full kitchen, microwave, Viking refrig, even full range to make your own breakfast prior to skiing. Our room had 2 full baths another plus when traveling as a family. The S'mores in the evening are a great touch & a fun way to meet other guests. Highly recommend Slopes for dinner - food is amazing - service was off. Loved golden Door Spa.

On the not so positive: stay away from Crave for breakfast - service very slow & food not that great. Request room on high floor (lobby on 5th floor) - Waldorf is not a ski-in/out property there is a gondola across street that brings you up the mountain & a cat track to ski down. If you traveling with small children can be challenging. Gym is on the small side.
Understand boot room has greatly been enhanced but over Christmas week it can be a nightmare!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chathamjules
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I previously submitted this review in September, but Tripadvisor took it down b/c I included a link with more photos...re-submitting now without the photo link.

I hesitate when giving 5 stars because that means the property & service were flawless. In this case, Waldorf Astoria Park City deserves the high rating.

I am a fan of traveling during the off-season, as rates are excellent, the possibilities of upgrades are far greater, and there are no crowds to fight. Myself, husband, and 17 month old daughter stayed for a week in September in the 2-bedroom suite facing the pool area.

Room 7121 is amazing, and I highly recommend it. It has large vaulted ceilings, 4 fireplaces, 5 TV's (which we barely turned on 1 of them), 2 master suites with large bathrooms, and a full kitchen with Viking appliances. The balcony is a large covered space with fireplace.

Upon arriving to the property, we were escorted directly to our room by concierge Martyne Stout who was expecting our arrival. I had previously corresponded with Martyne and she was extremely helpful in answering questions about the property and nearby activities. When we arrived to our room, there was a welcome gift of champagne and chocolates, as well as a special gift bag for our daughter with a book, sunscreen and stuffed animal. We were immediately made to feel welcome. Brandt at the front desk also went out of his way to accommodate our requests, and always greeted us by name as we passed through the lobby.

During the week, I visited the spa several times (access is included to the facilities—gym, steam room, and repose area with heated tile chairs). I had an 80-minute prenatal massage with Michelle. It was incredible, and I am picky when it comes to massage. It was so good that I ended up booking a second 80-minute prenatal massage at the end of the week. I could have gone for a 3rd one if we were staying longer! Michelle has 11 years experience as a massage therapist. She was so kind as to come into work early so that I could have the time slot I requested.

The only downside we experienced was the food from room service. The first time the food was mediocre and portions seemed VERY small (and I don’t usually eat much). My husband literally ate the “bowl” of chili in 3 bites. The bill was $55 for a tiny bowl of chili and my bland split pea risotto (no drinks). I decided to give room service another try, and it was much better the 2nd time around (a cheeseburger). We ate at the pool café a few times, and it was good, though the hours were hit or miss.

Though traveling in off-season can present certain challenges (nobody was quite sure when the gondolas would be running, and the Olympic Park activities were closed when they said they would be open), we still loved having the place to ourselves. I am sure it’s a completely different experience during the height of ski season when you’re paying $1,000/night for a suite and fighting crowds everywhere.

Overall, it was a beautiful property and incredibly relaxing trip.

Room Tip: Splurge on a larger suite for maximum luxury and space.