“overall outstanding”

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Park City
bergen county,NJ
“overall outstanding”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a very first class joint. We stayed 03/12. It is not ski on/ski off, It is even better .you go to the comfy boot room where you are hand your boots and offered help to put them on. From there you get right on a golf cart which drives you the 150 yards to a tent with your skis. Right there is a gondola to the main base. The room was amazing; perfect for a family on ski vacation. Very nice kitchen. All the service was over the top. Felt like I was going to go broke tipping but could not stop myself because at every turn the help was providing amazing service.

Great pool and the kids made free s'mores every night at the pool

We did have one negative experience that could have outweighed a lot of the positive if we let it. We arrived at 11 and check in was not till 4. They told us to go to town have lunch and our room would be ready. We returned around 2 and were asked to wait 20 mins, room was almost ready. Well this went on for hours. We did not even get in till 45 min after check in, I just do not understand how they could not get our room done.There was no one else waiting. I am super mellow but be the time we got a room I was super angry.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jimandsandyw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City. The hotel was even nicer than we had hoped. The staff were very friendly and helpful [we checked in an hour early with no problem] and the facility was beautiful. We very much enjoyed our luxurious room and beautiful mountain view from our balcony. I especially loved the jetted tub and gas fireplace (on a timer!). The feather bed was soft but a couple times I felt the sharp end of a feather poking through.

The hotel was very centrally located and convenient. We hope to have the opportunity to return!

Room Tip: We got a fantastic off season rate through Hotels.com. Ask for a mountain view room - so pretty!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SJM04
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City. We live in Salt Lake City, but wanted a close getaway to celebrate. On check-in, we were given a room upgrade. The hotel staff also delivered a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries and berries to our room for our anniversary. A nice touch!

The hotel also offered a complementary shuttle to Main Street. Great for people looking to have dinner there without the hassle of driving and parking themselves. Very convenient!

The staff was pleasant, but not overwhelming. They were happy to assist with anything we needed.

Luckily we are just 45 minutes from home and could come back for another celebration at the Waldorf Astoria.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the outside of the hotel. Odd numbered rooms face the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank R0adRunner66
Seattle
Reviewed June 10, 2012

From check in to check out, the staff is consistently superb. The room and the amenities were way above average. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Thebarber
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

From the check in to the fireplace in the room, to the jacuzzi bathtub we loved everything about this place. The restaurant is expensive but delicious. The staff is friendly but manages to seem invisible. The pool area is so comfortable and never feels crowded. The Golden Door amenities are the perfect touch. We will not be able to stay anywhere else the next time we visit Park City.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CatherineJohn75214
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Waldorf twice, and will not stay there again. First time was during the summer of 2011 in a one-bedroom suite. I found used condoms and vibrators in the bedroom trash can. Called the front desk, and they apologized and offered me a $50 room credit. I went for a hike and they sent someone to pull the trash. When I returned I came in the back door through the bedroom and found a man from housekeeping pulling the trash in the kitchen. I asked him if he pulled the bedroom trash and he said yes. I ordered room service to use my credit. 45 minutes later I called back to inquire about my sandwich. The attendant said he didn't have my order and would get it in. 25 minutes later my sandwich arrived and he explained that they cut staff and room service calls roll over to the front desk when he's delivering food, and the front desk staff did not forward my order.

The next morning I went to throw something away in the bedroom and found the condoms and vibrators were still in the trash. I pulled the trash myself and went to the front desk to talk to a manager. He was apologetic and said they'd comp my stay. I didn't think about it again until I got my AmEx bill - there was no room credit, no comp, and they charged me for the night, the resort fee and the room service. I made multiple attempts to reach management via phone and email, no return. I finally got the manager on the phone and he said there was nothing he could do because I paid for part of the night with my AmEx Platinum points. I called the Hilton complaint line, and they said they'd need a week to respond to me in order to give the hotel a chance to respond to my complaint. Didn't hear back from Hilton after the requisite seven days, so I called again. The case worker told me all they could offer me was a comped night. Super, that means I have to go back again.

I used my comp in February, 2012 during President's Day week. This time the stay was OK rather than ghastly. They didn't bring my luggage when I checked in so I had to go ask for it again. Vacuuming in the room was sporadic. Television in the bathroom didn't work properly I went to hot tub to soak tired muscles. There are two tubs in the pool area on either side of the cabana. The tub with no one in it had the fireplace running, the occupied tub did not. I asked a passing attendant if we could get our fireplace turned on. He said yes and walked away, but no one turned it on. No tub-side service, which is surprising given the obvious revenue they could generate. I didn't want a drink badly enough to get bundled up and tromp through the snow to the indoor bar, but I certainly would have had a few if they offered it to me. Skiers enjoy their apres-ski, why not capitalize on it?

I then went to the on-site restaurant for dinner. I waited an hour for a reuben sandwich. They were apologetic and offered me comped appetizers, but I still waited an hour for a reuben sandich and cheddar mac and cheese. Seriously. I ate in the bar area and there were three other occupied tables, plus a handful of people at the bar. The food was ok, not worth the charge. The next morning I checked out early because the thought of sitting at the airport was more pleasant.

Summary - a simple housekeeping issue cost Hilton a life-long customer. It could have and should have been handled much better. This is property managment 101 - make sure housekeeping pulls the trash every time. Seeing the remnants from someone else's sex party didn't exactly make me want to jump into that bed. I gave them multiple opportunities to make it right, and they fought me every step of the way, so my new motto is "Anywhere but Hilton." Going rate for the comp night I stayed there was $500 or $600, but even that doesn't make me want to go back.

If Conrad Hilton himself rose from the dead and offered me a fully comped week every year for the rest of my life at the PC Waldorf, I think I'd still choose the St. Regis.

I really, really wanted to love this hotel. I visit Park City every winter and summer. I wanted this to be my go-to choice, but they were hell-bent to make sure that didn't happen. For what you pay a night, there are many better options in PC. They confirmed what my gut told me, which is there is no reason to choose anything other than Deer Valley.

PROS:
Stunningly beautiful architecture, landscaping and decor. Exquisite representation of the "Park City" feel.

CONS:
Just about everything else

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
13 Thank ParkCityRocks
Logan, Utah
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked this room as a gift for my sister-in-law's honeymoon. She said it was the perfect way to start her marriage. The staff all acknowledged her and her husband as newlyweds and congratulated them. A welcome gift of chocoate-dipped strawberries was provided from the chef. The room was fantastic, with beautiful views. The only problem is that now my wife expects me to take her here - which I will gladly do in the very near future.

• Stayed May 2012