“Great Steak”

Prime Steak House & Piano Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Steak House & Piano Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Temporarily Closed: April 16th - May 18th 2017 Located right across the street from the town lift at the bottom of Historic Main Street, Prime Steak House and Piano Bar offers guests a dining venue close to everything in Park City. After a hard day of skiing or for an elegant night out on the town, Prime Steak House and Piano Bar is in the heart of it all.
Belgrade, Maine
“Great Steak”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

In the tradition of the great chain steak houses, Prime serves up a terrific steak at a reasonable price. Its hard to get in without a reso so we would sneak over before 6 and grab an early dinner. Well worth the trip!

Visited February 2013

SC
“So So for the $$$$”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Place wasn't bad, but the price for a steak was a little steep. You also have to share sides which I didn't care for either. The waiter was a little rude and didn't split our check when we asked him to. I had to take the time figuring out what each of the 6 of us had to pay out of the $300 bill. It was a hassle to say the least.

Visited January 2013
Boca Raton
“Wine & Food wonderful but skip the Martini”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The wine selection excellent. The steaks perfect, the Martini was
hopeless. They should visit Zoom down the street for lessons on well drinks. Make a reservation, they do fill up fast.

Visited January 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Unfortunately, not worth the $$$”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked a reservation here in advance at the suggestion from a friend upon asking for an amazing steakhouse. I was taking my boyfriend for his birthday (his bday is 2 days after Christmas, and inevitably has always gotten the "combo bday/xmas" gift), and I had everything planned.
We were having dinner the day after Christmas, and he surprised me on Christmas day by proposing. When they called to confirm my dinner reservation, they asked me if we were celebrating anything, and I told them we had just gotten engaged yesterday, and were now celebrating a birthday and an engagement.
Upon arrival the host(possibly the manager) was incredibly nice(the only saving grace). We were greeted by one server, then a different server greeted us as if he was greeting us for the first time. Confused, we stated we had already ordered a bottle of wine (Elderton Command Shiraz 2005) from someone else. He told us they really just work as a team there and we would have a couple people checking on us...TERRIBLE idea. Having 15 yrs of restaurant experience(San Francisco, Hawaii, and Idaho) and currently working in a four diamond restaurant, I have never heard of having more than one person take care of your table when the classification of the restaurant is $$$$ and considered fine dining. With that being said, everyone was nice, but it was extremely awkward not having one specific server; anyone that works in a restaurant knows how obnoxious it is to have a guest flag/waive you down, and that's what I had to resort to doing in the end.
The wine arrived, sans decanter. The restaurant wasn't packed, and when we arrived I noticed and admired a plethora of decanters. Granted, the Elderton Command is around $185, and perhaps it didn't qualify to have a decanter, but we were celebrating, and they were fully aware. From my perspective, any wine over 5 yrs should be decanted anyways.
The food was okay, the presentation was the worst I have ever seen...ever. I've dined in restaurants where the average dinner entree is $10 and had better plating and dish presentation.
I never expect nor want anything for free, but when the staff offered us a dessert for our engagement and recommended we have the molten cake, we graciously accepted. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, but the dessert was laughable; a tiny molten chocolate cake barely bigger than a silver dollar accompanied by a lonely scoop of vanilla ice cream (I regret not taking a picture).
I feel somewhat guilty in writing this review, but when you spend $350+ on a celebratory dinner (I tipped $45 for those of you that are curious. You can't work in this industry and leave less than 20%) you expect it to be incredible, and sadly it was anything but.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alex H
Chicago, Illinois
“Our holiday birthday destination”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We go to Park City every holiday and Prime Steakhouse is always our destination for our birthday celebration dinners. Fantastic steaks, great wine list, and professional staff make this a special meal. Somewhat pricey, but prices competitive with other high-end steakhouses.

• Visited January 2013