other traveler has booked this property

Review of 13209 Alexis Dr.

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

got2go
Seattle, WA
“Be careful”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in June 2018

This review is intended to give a heads up to the importance of reading all paperwork carefully before renting this home. The home itself is beautiful, very new.About a 10 minute drive from PC. The kitchen itself is a bit lacking in more than the basics of cooking, but it suffices for most needs.
Although I read the rental agreement several times it turns out It still wasn’t good enough. Before I paid the deposit they suggested I buy travel insurance in order to cover typical trip cancellation issues, that other trip insurance plans offer. They then give you a link to read it,but I couldn’t open the link. I have read a lot of insurance plans and because I was attending my daughter’s wedding I didn’t plan on cancelling the trip.
What I didn’t realize is that the insurance they want you to buy also covers any accidents, etc that occur in their house. In other words it’s both travel and homeowners insurance, which you need to pay for. On top of that you are required to either buy accident insurance, which covers damage to the house, or put down a very large security deposit.
While staying at the house, 36 hours before the wedding, I fell off the side of the backyard steps because they do not have a railing, and they are very short. They also had a hose crossing over the steps.
I broke 2 bones in my foot, and badly bruised my wrist. Needless to say I did not wear matching shoes to my daughter’s wedding.
I had no intention of writing this review until I dealt with the management company for this property. I called them and told them what happened and that I may be asking for help with the medical bills. They promised to pass this on to I assume the manager, whom I will not name here.
This person did not even have the courtesy to call me back. She sent an email, with one line saying she was sorry to hear about my accident. Then went on about all the forms I signed and reiterating how I had the chance to sign up for travel insurance.
Bottom line, If this company had shown just a little bit of empathy and concern for someone who just spent thousands renting their property it would have helped go a long way. But also, I want to impress upon people how important it is to really study these forms. I travel A lot, and never felt as if the owner of the property was doing me a favor by renting to me, until now of course. They give a little, but ask a lot of their customers. Property is nice, as long as you know what you are getting yourself into.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 12, 2018
"BE CAREFUL” is certainly an appropriate title.

This guest called our office to report an alleged fall at the home two days after the incident allegedly happened and after guest check-out. The call consisted of a demand for medical expenses and additional punitive damages for the perceived pain and suffering of what was described as due to missing her daughter’s wedding completely. With verbal threats of, not only negative reviews of the management company and the home, but legal action for non-compliance to the monetary demands as well, we were certainly advised to be careful.

The county has thoroughly inspected this home for health and safety code compliance and the home is licensed for rental use.

Guests are not required to purchase damage insurance. A fully refundable security deposit is an alternate option for damage security. Management is not required to offer travel insurance. The guest is not required to purchase it. It is only offered as a courtesy and convenience to the guest.

We communicated graciously and politely in written form to the guest. Written form is required for legal protection due to verbal threats. With a written response, from the guest, reiterating an intent to pursue legal action, we were no longer permitted to communicate directly with the guest.

Please do “be careful” of any reliance on this guest review.

We manage over 75 properties in the Park City area and have hundreds of wonderful reviews of superb service, care and understanding as well as an array of amazing lodging choices!

We hope you will allow us to exceed your expectations!

Moose Management Vacation Rentals Park City
Web: PCMoose

Travelers are raving about these Park City hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing