“Incredible Adventure”

Snowmobile Adventures at Thousand Peaks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided snowmobile trips on Utah's largest private ranch. More private terrain than all snowmobile companies COMBINED! Brand-new SKI DOO snowmobiles...top of the line. 2 hour and 1/2 day lunch trips. Highest trips in Utah...11,000 ft log lodges, wide open river valleys, huge powder-filled bowls. Perfect your vacation!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Adventure”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went up there two weeks ago and I had the most incredible experience. If you have ever wanted to try snowmobiling, they will take care of you at Thousand Peaks!!! Their outfit is better than I had expected. If you go, ask to hear about Bud's story and how he has overcome his challenges. I will go back just to support him. Thank you!!!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Experience!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was our first time in Park City and very first time snowmobiling! Our guide, Jeff was amazing and made sure we had an excellent time! We were a group of 9 girls on a bachelorette party and he took us to check out some amazing views and he didn't even mind stopping and taking pictures for us (because you know a group of 9 girls want a crazy amount of pictures)! We highly recommend trying this out if you are ever in Park City!

Mandeville, Louisiana
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

First time staying in Park City, Utah and met some Louisiana people (my home town and New Orleans my current city) at a bar/restaurant. They recommended 1000 Peaks Snowmobile.
I booked my trip for the next day. Was picked up on time by Jeff and Chris was our guide for the half-day tour. Also, when I booked trip, Bud got everything handled and lady behind the counter assisted. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice!
Trip was Fantastic and Highly recommend. Went up to 11K ft peak. Blessings ;-)

CT
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Four of us (2 active couples in our 50's) decided to take an afternoon off from skiing and go on a 2 hour trip. We were all first timers. We drove from Park City, it took longer than the 30 minutes I was told on the phone. Not a problem, just advising others. We were greeted promptly and warmly and they helped us all find the right size boots and helmets. A customer coming in from her ride suggested that we wear the suits rather than our own ski jackets due to the lingering gas smell. The woman working kindly offered a personal jacket to wear. We chose to wear our own jackets and I didn't notice any smell at the end. I was told when I called that the group would be no larger than 6-7 with one guide. I was pleased to hear the small group size. Unfortunately (and this is really my only complaint) we ended up with 12 riders (10 men and 2 women) and only one guide, Chris. I don't know if they were short a guide or not, but 12 seemed like too many. The group got very stretched out and even though Chris stopped often to make sure we were all accounted for my friend and I felt pressured to keep up with all the men. For first time riders considering going on a tour, do it! For women, use caution! You are given an opportunity to practice for a bit in a large, expansive field area to get comfortable riding but for a smaller woman the sleds are big and heavy. Harder to control than I imagine it is for a bigger man. The sleds were comfy, the 2 hour ride takes you up to 9000 feet with beautiful views and photo opportunities are everywhere. The website said that Thousand Peaks uses their own private ranch. That sold me! I didn't want to share the space with tons of other riders and feel like I was on a highway. It was a pleasure to enjoy the open space and beautiful scenery while never seeing another group of riders. Thank you for an unforgettable trip!

Visited February 2014
Jamesb68, Owner at Snowmobile Adventures at Thousand Peaks, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi,

Your group size was too big. We couldn't agree with you more. The other party of 4 that was supposed to be in your group ended up being quite late so in order to not delay your trip because of their tardiness, we put you with Chris and his group. We know it wasn't optimal sized group but as you found out, the ranch is huge with lots of room to spread out. We are glad you had a great time. Thanks, Thousand Peaks
north carolina
“Read this before you book a snowmobiling trip”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

For the last couple of years, we have included a snowmobiling outing to our Park City/Deer Valley trips. We have finally found the ultimate group through which to book our adventures, Thousand Peaks. Their website (thousand peaks.com) is pretty bare bones, really just a FAQ. But pay attention, having used other tour operators before, I approached some of their claims with a grain of salt. They blew past every expectation I had. Their claims are accurate (if a little modest). Truly massive amounts of snow. As we drove out to the site, we passed lots of terrain that was similar to the sparse snow areas we have snowmobiled across in the past. Thousand Peaks is in a valley that must have its own little weather system. Approaching about 3 miles out, you see the snow pack increasing. On the tens of thousands of acres that Thousand Peaks owns, we didn't see a single bald spot or even another group of people. The scenery was pristine and varied. Our three hour tour included lunch (not just a spot to perch on a boulder as we have experienced in the past, but a log cabin with a ports potty) and a visit to some amazing 10,800 ft plus vistas. The snow machines were top notch - including a high performance options. Every snowmobile had heated handle bars. Finally, I can't say enough about our guide, Gabriel. We had a group of folks that included experienced daredevil style snowmobilers, first timers and even a 9 year old girl. Gabriel ran a safe trip for the less or unexperienced riders but with so much (miles) of fresh powder as the elevation climbed, our adrenaline junkies had a ball too! Gabriel, thank you! The guide is such an important part of the experience and you made our trip fantastic.