“Amazing!”

Snowmobile Adventures at Thousand Peaks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided snowmobile trips on Utah's largest private ranch. More private terrain than all snowmobile companies COMBINED! Brand-new SKI DOO snowmobiles...top of the line. 2 hour and 1/2 day lunch trips. Highest trips in Utah...11,000 ft log lodges, wide open river valleys, huge powder-filled bowls. Perfect your vacation!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This was one of my all time favorite vacations! Let me say the staff here was very friendly & quite helpful. After we upgraded our sleds & suited up we headed out w/our tour guide Brandon. I was the only female in our group of 6. I warned him I hadn't been on a sled in 20+ years & only in the Midwest. He said not to worry. We stopped several times, he always checked on me & he & I agreed.... I was doing great & "keeping up with the guys"! We stopped & "played" for a bit & then up the mountain we climbed. Riding through the Aspen trees was beautiful & looking out at other mountain tops was breathtaking! We chose to eat outside in the beauty of mother nature but there is a cabin if you don't want to enjoy your 360° view. They provide a great brown bag lunch, sandwich, chips, candy bar, & water. After that....let's climb some more! We reached the bowl area (approx 10,000 ft) but couldn't go any higher due to avalanche warnings. Brandon let us play in the fresh powder. He was kind, patient, informative & answered every question we had. Then when I thought it couldn't get any better....my boyfriend got down on 1 knee & proposed! Thank you Thousand Peaks for providing the perfect day & location to make this magical event happen!!

2 Thank katlockwood

Deephaven, Minnesota
“Awesome Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We took a day off from skiing and decided to take a day and go snowmobiling. Thousand Peaks was very organized, and had gear to borrow or rent since we hadn't planned on snowmobiling. There were 5 of us, and we're fairly experienced riders. Our guide Brandon A. was totally amazing. He let us roam quite a bit, and took us to some meadows and hillsides where we shredded some fresh powder! We spent the extra money and rented the 600cc sleds. Worth it. We will be return customers.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing first time experience on snowmobiles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Thank you to Thousand Peaks Ranch. I had the pleasure of going on a 3 hour tour with my girlfriends for a girls day! Our guide Jeff, was super patient, friendly, and made sure we were all safe and comfortable. I am a local of Utah and felt like I was seeing parts of Utah I have never seen. It was spectacular. If you don't have gear, no worries, they will make sure you have everything you need to stay warm and comfortable. I highly recommend you check them out for a corporate event or family outing.

Melbourne, Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

As a first timer on a snow mobile I really wasn't sure what to expect. I did the 2hr trip and wore my own gear and used their helmet. There were only 3 of us in our group and we had a young guy as a guide. I loved the hand warmer on the handlebars and found the machine comfortable and easy to manage. Wow it was amazing,so much snow and the sun shining it was fun fun fun. The views were amazing and our guide let us whip along at whatever speed was comfortable for each of us. Didn't mention our guides name as he had to turn around on a tight trail as one of our group couldn't get the machine to start. Subsequently he sunk his machine in the deep snow and had to call for backup as he couldn't get it out. Was very funny. So we left it there and he got a lift back and we hammered it home as we were 30 minutes late back to the hut. Great day absolutely loved it!!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great mountain adventure in beautiful Utah mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Full disclosure: I've never driven a snowmobile and was a little nervous about a mountain tour. Our guide, Jeff, was informed and patient without being overbearing. The trails were well maintained and offered a variety of terrain (cat tracks, fields, mountain trails). The machines were brand new, comfortable and appropriate for our skill levels. The scenery was fantastic, especially the bowl area at 10,000+ ft. We couldn't have picked a better day, clear and sunny with a bit of fresh snow.

This is a great side trip for those skiing in Park City or locals looking for a new way to tour around the hills. I would recommend Thousand peaks for friendly staff, quality equipment and beautiful terrain.