“Great Adventure for Adult Kids”

Snowmobile Adventures at Thousand Peaks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided snowmobile trips on Utah's largest private ranch. More private terrain than all snowmobile companies COMBINED! Brand-new SKI DOO snowmobiles...top of the line. 2 hour and 1/2 day lunch trips. Highest trips in Utah...11,000 ft log lodges, wide open river valleys, huge powder-filled bowls. Perfect your vacation!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were looking for something fun to do with our adult children who were in town from all over the country and we wanted something out of the ordinary, that we could all do together. We gave this adventure as a Christmas gift to all of them and it was a huge hit.
We had great guides and our kids loved that they were let loose in a fabulous bowl of powder to "tear it up." The four hour ride was ideal for us. Long enough, but not too long. We agreed that it might have been too long for younger kids.
The scenery was like something out of a movie. Props to all the staff. They went the extra mile:
Stacey even let me borrow her boots when there weren't any in my size, and one of the guides managed to get our late-comers caught up to us in time to have lunch.
If you are looking for a fantastic winter adventure, in a beautiful location, with great guides, and fun rides, Thousand Peaks is your destination.

There are newer reviews for Snowmobile Adventures at Thousand Peaks

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This ride is not for sissies... gBundle up with layers, hand and toe warmers, and a face mask! This can be a very cold day, and we were glad to have our faces completely covered. The guides were also completely prepared with hand-warmwrs in their backpacks, which was useful for several.

Superb guide, Brady, led us up and out through far-away forests of bare aspens, snow-frosted pines, and picturesque valleys, peaks, and hillsides in this fantastic half-day tour. Challenging enough and with surprising freedom enough to satisfy and delight even a family with college and post-grad age men and their dads, but forgiving enough for a young grandma, this adventure gives the feeling you are the only one out in the wilderness, gazing at extraordinary natural winter beauty.

Riders are sometimes offered the option of 50hp more powerful snowmobiles before heading out, which our men appreciated throughout the day-- $25 more per machine, but far faster!

When you just started to grow weary, the day was punctuated with a free-field play round, a warming lunch in a mountaintop cabin, or an hour spent challenging your nerves and your skill, (or not, as you wish,) in a powder-covered bowl surrounded by steep hillsides, and on our day in almost a white-out. Two of us ended up on our snowmobiles' sides, several got stuck--but Brady and his buddy pulled us out and set us straight. This is a potentially dangerous situation--one boy injured his chin when ignoring warnings about a ditch in the field-- but snow is quite forgiving and otherwise all were unscathed and delighted with the entire experience. The guides kept a close eye and patrolled while we played.

Our family has thanked us again and again for this experience. While another rider and I were slower and more timid than most, the others could lead and would hold up from time to time to make sure we were not in trouble. The result was seemingly solitary time without being able to see another soul...it was breathtakingly beautiful. I highly recommend this trip to anyone without severe back or neck issues! IT WAS A BLAST!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have snowmobiled in Steamboat but this tour was the best. I did the 1/2 day with Jeff as our guide. He was a great tour guide and let's you have fun on the machines. The trails were vast and never same one twice. He took back to a huge bowl with mountains on every side and more powder than you can ride. I highly recommend this trip. Only negative were the bathrooms at the base station. Go before you get there to solve this minor issue.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We booked the 2 hour trip with TP. They exceeded our expectations. The snow was fresh and deep...that helped. The check in was easy if a bit disorganized but we were the first group out. We had 7 machines in our group so we were able to move quickly. I liked the idea that TP kept the groups to a minimum. It's about 5 miles to the field where they let you loose. We spent about 20 minutes there. The kids liked it and were ready to move on. Our guide, Chris, took photos and kept watch nicely. He even had extra googles for me. Next up was a beautiful trek to the cabin. Our group wasn't interested in 20 minutes of sitting around so Chris took us even higher to a gorgeous lookout point. It was phenomenal. The conditions were perfect.
The ride down was fun, enough bumps and turns to keep it interesting and at the end, we had a wide flat strip where the kids could go as fast as they wanted. Delicious hot chocolate at the end of the ride was the topper.
All in all, it was very very fun and we will remember this trip for years to come.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I wasn't sure if I would want to ski the whole time we were in Park City so we tried something different, based on Trip Advisor. The 2 hour tour was all that was available and was plenty for me. I really enjoyed it, but was ok that it ended bc my hands were cold (despite the heated handles). My boyfriend said he would definitely do the half day tour...preference, I guess.

It was not inexpensive, but very unique and provided unbelievable views. In hindsight, we probably would share a snowmobile to cut the price in half - but don't regret getting 2, as it was fun to have our own.

The staff was excellent! We brought our clothes to change in to there and they didn't really have a great place for us to change (outdoor bathrooms)...so I would recommend arriving in your ski gear.