“Off peak season”

Canyons Village at Park City
Ranked #8 of 97 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: This area, formerly known as Park West, is the closest to Park City and the former site of the Olympic Games.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Couldn't believe the growth! In the past, the fall has been pretty quiet but there were a lot more businesses open this time. Enjoyed the atmosphere just walking around. Hiking was beautiful this time of year. We watched the colors change from one day to the next.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My experience at the Canyons was less than stellar. Westgate was a complete joke. The Canyons resort themselves are nice, but I was out on a run Saturday morning up near some condominiums on "The Strand" when I was attacked by dogs. The owner of the dogs completely ignored the situation as I was bit twice by two gray dogs.

I went to the nearest resort to call the police. The Sun Dial resort "was unable" to call the police as their instructions are to call "Canyons Security" first. Canyon's Security responded about 15 minutes later and took my information. At first I appreciated their help but they later failed to pass on information in a timely manner to the Wanship Animal Control causing me to go back and collect my own information - address of the dogs, etc. I was pretty upset that I had to do their job for them while I was on vacation. They told me they had that information. Then the patrol officer's boss argued with me on the phone. What is the purpose of Security? Later on while running the trails on the Canyon's Resort, I ran into several dogs off leash. The owners of the dogs wondered why I was so paranoid about them having their dogs off leash! I'm done with Canyon's, their hotel (Westgate) and their mountain. NOT for families with young children.

2  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed at Park City Mtn Resort and came to Canyons for the day and found it to be much classier and with nicer restaurants etc. Husband took the lift and disc golf the mountain which he found fun. wish we stayed here.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place and I hope to stay there next time. Had a great farmers market..They make the place welcoming from the minute you drive into the resort area

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Zip Line, Olympic Park, Bobsled, Horseback riding, Mountain Biking. All within a short distance of this awesome mountain!