We stayed at this hotel over the fourth of July and loved it so much, we went back this weekend. We have two kids - 6 and 9 - and they love it. On the weekends, there is a lot going on around the common patio area of the resort. You can listen to a concert and grab some ice cream, and the boys loved taking the Cabriolet gondola down to the parking lot and back. It's intended as a shuttle, but feels more like a ride. The scenery is beautiful.
I also cannot say enough about the service. Everyone is great from the valet to the man who came in and set up the sofa sleeper for us. Super friendly and patient with my kids. The rooms are great. I'd recommend a balcony room, though we didn't really end up spending a lot of time in the room. We like heading down to the pool - which is heated and great especially in the morning before it gets too crowded.
The only complaint I have is with the food. We've had 3 dining experiences at this resort. We ate dinner one night at The Farm and the food was terrible. We had a large table and ordered several different things, and by the end the only thing we could eat was the kids Mac and cheese. We ordered room service the next morning, which was very expensive. Half our order did not come and what did was also not very good. This time we ate at a sports bar called Drafts. Again - it took forever for our food to get there and most of it was not good.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again, but we will eat somewhere nearby before heading up to our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Summit Hotel, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, sits majestically in the heart of Canyons Village. This property is a combination of beautiful design, exceptional ski-in / ski-out location, attentive service and livable luxury. It has the variety to suit the most diverse families and groups, with 350 lodging options including hotel rooms, studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites and expansive luxury penthouses. From the moment you arrive to the covered porte cochere of the Grand Summit, our staff is dedicated to making your stay here at Canyons Village an exceptional experience. Whether you need to relax in our warm and inviting grand lobby after a long travel day, or you are inclined to get out and enjoy the outdoors as quickly as you can get checked-in, our concierge and bell staff are at your service. Of course, there is no shortage of amenities, depending on your room choice--all rooms have color televisions (flat screen), terry-cloth robes (available on request), coffee makers, hair dryers, iron & board, down comforters, alarm clock and CD player/stereo. Many rooms have balconies, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and full kitchens with service for eight people featuring GE Profile appliances and granite countertops. High-speed wireless internet access (WiFi) is complimentary throughout the hotel. Our outdoor heated pool is the place to relax. If your adventures exploring the outdoors wear you out, try a relaxing massage or indulge yourself with a luxurious spa treatment from the Park City Boutique & Spa. Dining options include The Farm, Red Tail Grill and First Tracks Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyons Grand Summit Hotel Park City
- Canyons Grand Summit Resort
- Summit Park City
- Park City Summit
- Grand Summit Hotel Park City, Utah