We stayed at this hotel over the fourth of July and loved it so much, we went back this weekend. We have two kids - 6 and 9 - and they love it. On the weekends, there is a lot going on around the common patio area of the resort. You can listen to a concert and grab some ice cream, and the boys loved taking the Cabriolet gondola down to the parking lot and back. It's intended as a shuttle, but feels more like a ride. The scenery is beautiful.
I also cannot say enough about the service. Everyone is great from the valet to the man who came in and set up the sofa sleeper for us. Super friendly and patient with my kids. The rooms are great. I'd recommend a balcony room, though we didn't really end up spending a lot of time in the room. We like heading down to the pool - which is heated and great especially in the morning before it gets too crowded.
The only complaint I have is with the food. We've had 3 dining experiences at this resort. We ate dinner one night at The Farm and the food was terrible. We had a large table and ordered several different things, and by the end the only thing we could eat was the kids Mac and cheese. We ordered room service the next morning, which was very expensive. Half our order did not come and what did was also not very good. This time we ate at a sports bar called Drafts. Again - it took forever for our food to get there and most of it was not good.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again, but we will eat somewhere nearby before heading up to our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GRAND SUMMIT HOTEL, A ROCKRESORTS PROPERTY IS NOW OPEN AFTER ITS $15 MILLION RENOVATION. From new guest suites, a brand new RockResorts Spa, and re-concept of First Tracks Café, no stone was left unturned in the $15 million renovation of the iconic Grand Summit Hotel, located in the heart of Park City Resort’s Canyons Village. Natural textures and a soothing color palette reflecting the hotel’s stunning alpine local create a modern and yet understatedly elegant ambience throughout this distinctive property, now part of Vail Resorts’ premium RockResorts lodging collection. Guestroom amenities added as part of this transformative renovation include all new finishes, stainless-steel appliances, 60-inch Smart televisions, and enhanced technological features. The brand new RockResorts Spa is lined with enlarged treatment rooms and a new dry sauna. In the new open-concept First Tracks Café, luxurious leather furniture and big-screen televisions encourage guests to relax and linger. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyons Grand Summit Hotel Park City
- Canyons Grand Summit Resort
- Summit Park City
- Park City Summit
- Grand Summit Hotel Park City, Utah