After deciding to go to Park City for our summer family vacation, I did a lot of research on each of the resorts and decided on the Canyons as our base camp. I liked the location and activities offered. I then looked at several facilities, targeting the Grand Summit. I could not have been more pleased by my choice. The facility itself is beautiful and fairly easy to find your way around. The Summit is much easier on the pocketbook than the Waldorf, although the Waldorf is an incredible property. I liked the fact that our resort was right up against the mountain, within steps of gondolas, restaurants, bike rentals and free-concert stage. I found our unit on another vacation rental site and rented directly from an owner. I would highly recommend this as you will save tons of money and probably get a bigger unit. Our unit was two bed rooms and a great room, kitchen and three baths. It slept 8, but we had only four members so we were very comfortable. The units can also be rented as smaller units with the ability to close off your particular door. The hotel was relatively empty so there was no problems with waiting for anything. The pool is very well kept and heated. All the staff, from the front desk to housekeeping to waiters/waitresses were all friendly, helpful and upbeat. The Grand Summit is a fantastic location for winter vacations but expect to pay three times the amount during high-season times. There was a miss-communication about the mid-week cleaning that was not performed but the manager took off the charge with little muss or fuss. We did not use the work out facility but did check it out. There were free weights and several elliptic and treadmill machines. it was good but not great. We ate at the Red Pine for dinner the first night. It was what I would consider Southwestern fare and a bit pricey. We ordered mostly appetizers that were enough for dinner. The food was good but not great (3 out of 5). The cost for bike rental was steep; $50 for the day and if you want to take it up on the mountain, the gondola is $15 per person, per day. For these two reasons, I lowered the "value" score one notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Summit Hotel, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, sits majestically in the heart of the Resort Village. This property is a combination of beautiful design, exceptional ski-in / ski-out location, attentive service and livable luxury. It has the variety to suit the most diverse families and groups, with 350 lodging options including hotel rooms, studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites and expansive luxury penthouses. From the moment you arrive to the covered porte cochere of the Grand Summit, our staff is dedicated to making your stay here at Canyons an exceptional experience. Whether you need to relax in our warm and inviting grand lobby after a long travel day, or you are inclined to get out and enjoy the outdoors as quickly as you can get checked-in, our concierge and bell staff are at your service. Of course, there is no shortage of amenities, depending on your room choice--all rooms have color televisions (flat screen), terry-cloth robes (available on request), coffee makers, hair dryers, iron & board, down comforters, alarm clock and CD player/stereo. Many rooms have balconies, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and full kitchens with service for eight people featuring GE Profile appliances and granite countertops. High-speed wireless internet access (WiFi) is complimentary throughout the hotel. Our outdoor heated pool is the place to relax. If your adventures exploring the outdoors wear you out, try a relaxing massage or indulge yourself with a luxurious spa treatment from the Canyons Resort Spa and Health Club. Dining options include The Farm, Red Tail Grill and First Tracks Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Canyons Grand Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyons Grand Summit Hotel Park City, Utah
- Canyons Grand Summit Resort
- Summit Park City
- Park City Summit