“Amazing value, clean, friendly, would stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Resort

Park Plaza Resort
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing value, clean, friendly, would stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I booked Park Plaza based on TripAdvisor reviews with some trepidation -- compared to similar hotels the price was SO LOW!!! My husband and I stayed here 4 days and really enjoyed it. Friendly service with complimentary shuttle (who even took us several miles out of town to watch the Super Bowl!), clean rooms, mini fridge for snacks, burners and coffee pot (though we never used). Our only complaint was that being on the 2nd floor facing the poo did get loud at times. For naps (after a day of skiing!) and sometimes at night when people are hanging out. We used the hot tub, which wasn't overly full, and the sauna, both of which are great after a long day on the slopes. It's right between 2 of the public bus stops and within walking distance to stores and restaurants. Only a 10 minute ride to Main Street, very close to both PCMR and Deer Valley ski resorts. No fancy frills with this hotel but can't beat the value for the money!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank luv2travelgrrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

This is my first review, but not my first hotel experience. I felt I had to write about how great I thought this hotel was. The price was excellent, the staff was helpful and very friendly, the amenities were great. The room was plenty big enough for the 2 of us (it was larger-sized studio). The kitchenette had dishes, silverware, toaster, coffeepot, etc. The hotel was quiet at all hours even though there were kids around. The pool and hot tub area was clean and quiet. They also had a business center with computers and a printer. the fitness center was well eaquipped and the game room had an xbox360 and a wii. Our balcony faced the mountain with a great view. Also the Align Spa nearby gave a great massage.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank shart822
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Stayed at the Park Plaza Resort for 4 days with my parents and boyfriend. We had the one bedroom apartment and it's huge! Very big private bedroom with king size bed, TV and own bathroom with tub and separate sink area. Nice living room and kitchen area. The cleaning staff was cleaning everything we were leaving from the night before - dishes, etc. We were on the first floor, right next to the pool, but it wasn't noisy at all..in fact we never really heard anything although there were kids in the pool in the evenings. The pool area itself, including sauna and jacuzzi, is very nice - perfect for relaxation after a full day of skiing. The staff was so nice and friendly! They gave us recommendations for rental shops, grocery stores and even helped us order pizza the last night. The location is perfect - 10 minute drive to Main Street, close to market and liquor store. The resort doesn't have bar/restaurant so we bought our own food and cooked in the apartment - convenient and cheeper option in my opinion. The skiing area (Park City) is a 10 min drive as well. Overall, great place for great price. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank iva1
Allen,Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Agree with other Tripadvisor members; this is a great place to stay; staff very friendly;helpful.
restaurants nearby. our mini suite had view of mountain ; would definitely stay again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful my 12 night stay at The Park Plaza Resort turned out. The studio was just right for one person, the kitchenette clean and usable - I ate 3 times a day in my room for 9 of the 12 days. The hotel staff was nice, helpful, and available 24-7. I will be staying here again in July...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NYTravelMonster
Cleveland Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I read some reviews that said less than complementary things about this resort. I was a little nervous about what we'd find upon arrival. A pleasant surprise!!! The rooms were very clean, and very well-appointed. Every contact we had with staff was great - they were nice and helpful. We had a car and wanted to drive to multiple ski resorts, so we did not use any shuttle service, so we can't comment on whether it was good or bad. We travel quite a bit and have stayed in many premier properties, so I don't think that we have low expectations. I would DEFINITELY recommend this property and I would DEFINITELY stay there again! FYI - Check out the nearby restaurant - The Blind Dog - it's a a FABULOUS place with great food & drink. Don't be put off by the name - it is a first-class restaurant.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Petsittersco
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

Based on the pictures I must say we were a bit nervous about this resort. I say this first because you too may have the same hesitancy. But pay those pictures no never mind… this resort is worth a stay. The basics for those not wanting to read a lengthy review:
* They have an enclosed, underground garage – ideal in the -10 degree weather we encountered!
* They are in a great location – central to all three resorts (Canyons, Deer Valley, and Park City), restaurants, grocery stores, shopping and only a 30 minute drive to Salt Lake City.
* They are clean.
* They have an indoor pool and hot tub (you may have to get the kids out – they have a sign posted that no kids under 12 are allowed but kids still get in). Seeing as how the pool and hot tub are in the center of the resort and rooms there is no room for heavy petting anyway.
* They have a game room, daily activities (Monday breakfast, Sunday night movie), and a ping pong table (which they do not allow people to play on after 9:30p.m. so as not to disturb guests). They also have a small gym with 2 treadmills, an elliptical and rowing machine, two bikes, and some weights).
* THEY HAVE FREE WIFI!!!!
* Rooms are spacious enough so as not to feel cramped (I stayed in a one bedroom – bed in the same room as kitchen, separate bath… there are smaller units where the bed comes out of the wall… those are small).
* They have complimentary shuttle service to ski resorts and local sites.

Seriously, this resort is really worth the stay. We encountered little problems during the week but they were very hospitable which makes it better. I don’t think any traveler expects perfection but we do expect to be treated a little better than if we were staying at home! The staff did little things that made you say, “Ahh!” While getting the luggage rack in the garage, there was a staff person cleaning the elevator area. It’s a short distance to the luggage rack but not short enough for him to hold the elevator for me so that it was ready when I returned. When my husband and I returned he was in the area and helped my husband with the luggage…just because. It wasn’t his job or something he did for a tip; he was just thoughtful enough to help. Again, little things that make you say, “Ahhh, how kind!”

Some places to eat while in Park City:
* Chimayo – southwestern but pricey. The special margarita was $17
* Davanza’s – great pizza, pretty good hot wings, small space so seating can be difficult
* Squatters – awesome veggie burger, turkey burger, and sweet potato fries, also known for their beer
* The Eating Establishment…………………..don’t do it! We didn’t like it at all… very average and pricey. Plain waffles, plain as in plain ingredients…taste like a box mix and nothing more!
* The Old Pancake House (in Salt Lake City). Great breakfast and reasonably priced.

You can get free lift tickets by registering with the Chamber of Commerce. I heard about this when checking out so I don’t know all the details. But if you don’t do that, be sure to get your lift tickets in Salt Lake City at the Ski -n- See store. You can’t get discount (lift tickets) rentals in Park City. Ski -n- See also has rentals discounted 20% for 2 days and 25% for 3 days if you get them in Salt Lake… otherwise it’s discounted 15% and 20% in Park City.

• Liked — Great location an amenities for the price! And the free WiFi!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Pictures on web give it a bad rep... Update pics!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank ARMANIKA