“Very pleasantly surprised” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in Park City
Toms River, New Jersey
“Very pleasantly surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I must admit when I pulled up, I wasn't very impressed. But, that's where the disappointment ended. We were greeted by a warm, friendly staff that reminded us to come down for coffee in the morning, where the free laundry and internet was(and it was fast so must've been fixed since all the other reviews). Park City and Deer Valley were 5 minutes away by shuttle(free-tips accepted and deserved) or car. And Canyons was less than 10 min. by car(the shuttle didn't go to the Canyons but would bring you the 2 min. to the public shuttle that went to canyons). There was casual dining across the street or we could drive(or shuttle) to Park City's Main Street, 5 min. away. The rooms were nothing to rave about but the beds were comfortable and it was clean. The kitchen was small but even had a mini dishwasher. The hot tub and indoor pool were nice after skiing and the people in there were all very friendly and happy with their stay-many had been at this resort 4 and 5 times.
Its not fancy but it was great for us(and our nephew and his girlfriend, and our other guest) and we would definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Park Regency Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We're so glad you had an enjoyable stay at Park Regency! We appreciate your positive comments and hope to see you again soon!

Montgomery Village, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came to Park City to ski and looked for a simple place to stay the nights. There were three of us (me, my wife, and our daughter), and the Park Regency served most of our needs well. My wife doesn't ski, and she didn't mind hanging out at the condo, or shopping and cooking our dinners. My daughter and I were usually too exhausted to care about anything. The problem with the place, though, was the Internet, or the lack thereof. I am a semi-pro photographer, and like to upload photos I've taken while I am on travel. I was able to upload only two photos during the entire seven days we were there. There were several wifi access points, but we could only access a couple with the password given us, and their connection to the outside world was abysmal. I found it easier to connect with email, Facebook, etc. through my phone. Although I was occasionally able to get brief periods of connection, it was never long enough to upload even a few-MB photograph. It was as if the whole building were connected to the outside Internet through a single phone line (think 6400 baud). As a result, I would seriously have second thoughts about staying here if access to the Internet is important to you.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank TAGermer
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Park Regency Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to review Park Regency. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns regarding the Internet. We will bring your concerns to the board of directors for review. Thank you and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Park City.

Travelers are raving about these Park City hotels

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I'm an owner at Park Regency. when I bought my week in 1995 it was nice, updated and well kept. over the years it has become outdated. with the high annual maintenance fees charged, I'm surprised it is not kept up to date. I'm here with my family over the holiday but I still need to login to my work email and respond to any emergencies or urgent issues. I got an urgent voice mail from work and when I tried to login to my company's mail server via apple mail, it was denying access because it couldn't secure the connection. I tried going in my work, gmail, apple, sbcglobal mail with the apple mail client and thunderbird client. All times access was denied. Called apple and they indicated the Park Regency has an older type WEP network that is blocking secure email access. Either they update the WEP ports to allow secure email or migrate to WPA like Starbucks, other hotels, public libraries did 8-10 years ago. i brought this issue up with the front desk and they didn't understand the options to fix this problem and they couldn't make any changes without going through someone in California who doesn't work on weekends. I was told to go to the library to conduct my work business and find a conference room versus making calls and working on the computer in my room. By the way the library doesn't have the evening or early morning hours. Because of this they deserve a 1 rating. The rooms are clean so they get another point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marlene B
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Park Regency Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please email us at prr@tradingplaces.com with your name, dates of stay, and unit number so we can resolve these issues in a timely manner. Thank you.
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We are staying here as a trade for Interval International Time share exchange. The units are extremely small, outdated, and have many problems. The exterior of the building is in need of cosmetic touches, the carpets through out the halls, stairways, and units are dingy and worn out. The underground parking closed. The bed frame in the master unit was broken and we had to have maintenance come and rebuild it. There was no hot water in our unit in the mornings so all four of us had to go without showers one day and then all take evening showers. The faucets in the bathrooms are NOT user friendly and the water temp does not stay even. I had to jump out mid-shower because the water turned scalding and then it went ice cold. We can hear everything the neighbors upstairs are doing. Not worth the money paid to upgrade to stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JDSchmutz
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We got a one bedroom “full” kitchen. It was a little bit small and the kitchen was just barely a full kitchen, but we enjoyed the stay. The hotel is a little old but was very clean and had everything we needed to cook our meals. It had a wood fireplace, two TV’s and our own personal patio. There were four new gas BBQ’s by the pool. The hotel is within a 1/2 hour walk to downtown and there is also free city bus service to downtown. The hotel has a free shuttle, but I believe it quits running at 5:00pm. It has free parking, which we found that some resort towns charge for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay there again if we visit Park City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a pleasant week long stay at the Park Regency in August. The first thing that surprised me was that they didn't have AC, but we were informed that they're in the process of installing it, and we could see them working on some units. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit - the master bedroom was a nice size with it's own bathroom and tv. The other "bedroom" was more of a space just large enough for the 2 bunkbeds to fit in, hardly any floor space (pics follow). We made do by putting suitcases in the closet in the hallway. There was a second bathroom with tub/shower. The living area had a fireplace, tv, sleeper sofa and table with chairs, as well as a kitchen area, with a full size frig. It was a bit tricky moving the table around to find space to pull the sleeper sofa out, but we were able to make it work. We've stayed at other condos which were listed as 2 bedrooms and had much more room, but this was sufficient. The biggest complaint, was that after about noon, it was almost impossible to get cold water out of any of the taps. I guess they've run the cold and hot water lines next to each other. To get a drink, or worse yet, to take a shower, you'd run the water for a very long time, and sometimes still have to take a shower that went from bath temp to hot by the time you were done. I talked to a man at the resort, and he told me to turn on all the taps full force and run them ahead of time if I wanted cold water :/ There was a sliding patio door, with some chairs outside, as well. There are a couple of places to eat at the strip mall across the street. The pool area is in the center of the complex, with the rooms built in a square around the open middle. The pool and hot tub were nice but were enclosed and it could get quite warm when the sun came out. There were ping pongs tables, picnic tables and a nice shelter with several BBQ grills in it. They have washers and dryers for free use for the customers and elevators for the upper levels. The grounds are kept very nice and there were pretty hanging baskets with flowers. You could tell they took time to make it look appealing.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground level and our patio just opened out toward the street and strip mall. It might...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DebbieKansas
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The unit we were in had just been update. The kitchenette had a full size oven/stove and deep sink, refrigerator and even a small dish washer. There was a flat screen in the main living area and a TV in the bedroom as well. There was a balcony with a nice view. The fan in the bedroom helped to cool things down nicely. We did not use it but there was a wood burning fireplace that I think would be lovely in the cooler months. All the staff that we encountered were helpful and courteous. All in all we were very comfortable and would deffinately stay there again.

Room Tip: The first floor opens up onto the ground rather than onto a balcony. So that may make a difference a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple