“Nice Stay at Park Regency” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Regency Hotel

Park Regency Hotel
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Park City
“Nice Stay at Park Regency”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a pleasant week long stay at the Park Regency in August. The first thing that surprised me was that they didn't have AC, but we were informed that they're in the process of installing it, and we could see them working on some units. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit - the master bedroom was a nice size with it's own bathroom and tv. The other "bedroom" was more of a space just large enough for the 2 bunkbeds to fit in, hardly any floor space (pics follow). We made do by putting suitcases in the closet in the hallway. There was a second bathroom with tub/shower. The living area had a fireplace, tv, sleeper sofa and table with chairs, as well as a kitchen area, with a full size frig. It was a bit tricky moving the table around to find space to pull the sleeper sofa out, but we were able to make it work. We've stayed at other condos which were listed as 2 bedrooms and had much more room, but this was sufficient. The biggest complaint, was that after about noon, it was almost impossible to get cold water out of any of the taps. I guess they've run the cold and hot water lines next to each other. To get a drink, or worse yet, to take a shower, you'd run the water for a very long time, and sometimes still have to take a shower that went from bath temp to hot by the time you were done. I talked to a man at the resort, and he told me to turn on all the taps full force and run them ahead of time if I wanted cold water :/ There was a sliding patio door, with some chairs outside, as well. There are a couple of places to eat at the strip mall across the street. The pool area is in the center of the complex, with the rooms built in a square around the open middle. The pool and hot tub were nice but were enclosed and it could get quite warm when the sun came out. There were ping pongs tables, picnic tables and a nice shelter with several BBQ grills in it. They have washers and dryers for free use for the customers and elevators for the upper levels. The grounds are kept very nice and there were pretty hanging baskets with flowers. You could tell they took time to make it look appealing.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground level and our patio just opened out toward the street and strip mall. It might...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DebbieKansas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The unit we were in had just been update. The kitchenette had a full size oven/stove and deep sink, refrigerator and even a small dish washer. There was a flat screen in the main living area and a TV in the bedroom as well. There was a balcony with a nice view. The fan in the bedroom helped to cool things down nicely. We did not use it but there was a wood burning fireplace that I think would be lovely in the cooler months. All the staff that we encountered were helpful and courteous. All in all we were very comfortable and would deffinately stay there again.

Room Tip: The first floor opens up onto the ground rather than onto a balcony. So that may make a difference a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We purchased our week through a groupon promotion through trading places. We arrived on Saturday late in the evening for our week stay. The front desk had a sign which stated A/C will be out all week due to construction. The outside temps are in the 90's. All windows need to be open for circulating air. Master window has no screen and there were no safety locks, the noise from other guests children very loud at all hours. We made it the weekend and called first trading places - they offered no alternatives so I called groupon who offered a partial refund so we could go somewhere else. We headed to the Best Western Plus across town for 69 bucks a night ... Much nicer - with a/c. Park regency charges $7 a day after the first cleaning of the week. Bathroom is outdated but kitchen although small is remodeled. Bedroom furnishings are dated as well. Staff was apologetic regarding a/c and understood why we left.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Regency and had a nice time. The two bedroom unit was spacious and accomodated our party of six nicely. The beds were comfy and the unit was clean. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights while in Park City in March 2012. We had a one bedroom, which had a full bathroom, a full (but small) kitchen and a little balcony. The unit was billed as being able to accommodate 4 people, but that would have been very, very tight. We were on the 3rd floor at the end. It was quiet, modern, clean, comfortable and conveniently located. There was no laundry in the unit, but they did have it on site for free. Also on site was a pool, hot tub, bbqs and a shuttle service that would take you almost anywhere during the day. There was ample parking spaces and a great mexican restaurant close by (El Chubasco). I would recommend the Park Regency to anyone looking to visit Park City.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Callaregie
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I just stayed two full weeks at the Park Regency Hotel in Park City, UT. I have to say it was a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and had modern kitchen appliances. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They really helped make the whole experience great! This hotel is also centrally located to all the Sundance venues in Park City and falls right on the city and festival bus stops as well. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a convenient and comfortable stay during the Sundance film festival.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rumbletumble
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My employer booked me here during Sundance and generally I was pleased. The location is near festival headquarters, and within walking distance of several theatres and strip malls for food and other supplies. I had the one-bedroom condo to myself...would have been a tight squeeze with the max. capacity of four as the rooms are small. Much better suited to one or two people. A cute little condo with a fireplace, great view of a ski hill, renovated kitchenette. The decor/furniture were dated but in good enough condition to be comfortable. At $200/night, bedding could be nicer. Room had balcony but I didn't use it (winter). Shuttle was useful (and hotel is also close to Sundance shuttle stops). I never got around to using the pool but it's in a nice greenhouse-type enclosure. Gym is small.

I did have a few issues - wifi was overloaded and could only be accessed by sitting in the lobby (not really resolved), I didn't have hot water in my shower for two days (was resolved), and my heating broke...they responded quickly but the solution was space heaters. The staff was very friendly and helpful when they could be but the lack of wifi (since I was working) was a definite disappointment and they seemed unable to repair it. I filled out the online comment card to notify management.

I'm sure there are nicer accomodations in Park City but the Regency suited my needs and I mostly enjoyed my stay. Had I not been working, the lack of wifi wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing the ski hill.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business