“Quiet, pretty, great staff”

Hampton Inn and Suites Park City
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Quiet, pretty, great staff”
Reviewed October 28, 2006

I drove into Park City without any reservations and picked this hotel cuz I love the Hampton Inns. Got a great rate. The 4th floor is the quietest place to sleep, and you get a nice overhead view. Friendly front desk and check-in. Room and amenities were outstanding. High-quality toiletries. Bed FABULOUS-- pillows were labeld "soft" and "firm". Bolster for watching Tv included. Also, an oak lap desk for reading or writing in bed. Ruby Tuesdays is across the parking lot, so you can walk to dinner and a drink. Hot, fresh chocolate cookies were provided at 5 PM. The pool was super clean, as was the hot tub. The pool area is open til midnite--perfect for adults.

In the lobby there's a computer with an internet connection, right next to a blazing fireplace. There's also a sofa there where you can relax.

The exercise room is BIG and clean--lots of towels, etc.

Free breakfast is hot--as in french toast and sausage--not just bagels. If you're a Hilton Honors member you get free copies and faxes.

Coffee and tea are available 24/7. The Tvs in each room are big.

What a great place to stop and relax.

• Liked — The attention to details
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't wait to drive into Salt Lake to stop. This is where you should bunk for the night.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Satisfaction7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed September 12, 2006

The one-bedroom suite was large and clean, and a great price of $98.00 AAA rate in September. The king bed had the new fluffy duvet and the sink is separate from the toilet and shower. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this is one of the nicest.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank Pattyjo98
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

A group of friends and myself stayed at the hotel. We had gotten a great rate.
We did have a problem with one of the reservations, but the management worked with us and everything turned out to our satisfaction. Everyone enjoyed the hot tub and pool after a long day on the ski slopes. The hotel offers free computer use in the lobby (the web access is slow) and has free snacks in the evening ( hot cookies and coffee) and sometimes ( Soup). They have a selfserve breakfast in the morning. With a take along snack. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly, I plan on staying their again, we had a great time and the hotel staff did a great job!

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Belmont, Michigan
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I had a one-bedroom suite, and really enjoyed it. Hot breakfast, high-speed internet, indoor pool & hot tub, excercise room, and all for $89 a night.

3 Thank cvanwyn
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed April 20, 2005

We checked in to a suite on December 30. First thing we noticed was that the full kitchen was very limited. Stove and disposal did not work and there were very limited cooking utensils. OK - no problem - it's the holidays - we'll make due. That night we opened the sleep sofa to retire. We would have been better off on the floor as it was hard and lumpy with support bars protruding. The next day a family checked in directly above us with several children. From the minute they checked in the children began jumping off the furniture onto the floor and running like elephants all around the unit. (We are not old or intolerant and have four children of our own). After about 2 hours of not even being able to hear our own conversations we called to complain to the front desk - no result. The family was up at 6 a.m the next morning (and consequently so were we) After three more calls to management we were still being told they would take care of it.
On the next day, which was New Years Day, we were told their would be no housekeeping services. Keep in mind we were bing charged over $200 per night - for a Hampton Inn. I asked the management if there was a reduction in fees for the lack of services - of course not! I then asked if the party above us was plannning to stay another night. We were told they would be. I asked to check out early based on the noise above us, the sleep sofa, etc. etc. Finally - at that time they offered us another room. Had they done it sooner that would have been a solution. We checked out anyway and were charged a fee of $200 plus for early check out. Even after writing several letters about their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee we were never refunded our "early check-out" penalty.
BEWARE, BEWARE - the management in this hotel does not care!
We are Hilton Honors members and own a Hilton timeshare - still Hilton, too, ignored our communications until we finally gave up. Again so much for 100% Guarantee - it doesn't happen!

• Stayed January 2004
11 Thank JanPWestlake_Ohio
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed March 26, 2005

The room's at this Hampton are fine - they look pretty much like any other Hampton Inn. The staff, service and cleanliness, however, pretty much suck.

Some examples: The hotel does not have enough parking for their guests. After circling a completely full lot, I parked in front and went to the front desk to ask what I should do. I was told there should be spots open within the next couple of hours (they share the lot with Ruby Tuesday). I was told that I could leave my car in front, but I should keep checking back and move it when a spot opened up (pretty inconvienent since this was 10 o'clock at night and I was heading to bed).

When asked what time the stores in Park City closed, I was told: "Wal-Mart closes at 10, besides that, I don't know." Un-helpful to a fault. In fact, it got to be a joke that we were going to ask to desk for local information, just to hear them say "I don't know."

At 8 PM on Saturday night, the food from that morning's breakfast still sat out. Of course, the eggs were burnt to a crisp, and the gravy looked like I don't know what. The bread was also getting pretty dry by that point. Gross. We skipped breakfast the next day.

Coming back to the room one afternoon, a soaking wet sponge belonging to the maid service was IN MY SUITCASE! I'm assuming this was used to clean toilets, etc. Grosser than gross. And what if I hadn't found the sponge? Then I guess my clean clothes would have been soaked with toilet water without my knowing about it. Taking this to the front desk yielded a blank look.

Finally (we're still there, this all happened in two days), my reward for being a Hilton Honors Diamond member (> 180 days last year): Nothing, nada, zilch.

I won't stay here again.

13 Thank dmecimore