“wonderful winter meal, good value for Park City”

Fireside Dining at Empire Canyon Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fireside Dining at Empire Canyon Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Empire Canyon Lodge
Description: Fireside Dining offers local favorites from the European Alps in the heart of Deer Valley Resort. Fireside Dining at Empire Canyon Lodge features four courses served from our five stone fireplaces. Offered Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings during ski season, from 5:45 p.m. 9 p.m. Reservations are suggested. Free parking available. Adults $63, Children $30 (11 years and younger), prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity.
Sugar Land
“wonderful winter meal, good value for Park City”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My husband & I enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Empire Lodge fireside dining. Basically, you are seated at your table, then you visit four fireplaces at your leisure, each offering a different course. The night we ate, tables ranged from romantic tables for two to large groups of families with kids, but it was not at all noisy. The food was excellent, with plenty to eat, and a wide variety of items. The warm raclette cheese appetizer was authentic, warm & delicious, with a nice spread of cured meats, mustards, bread, potatoes & other toppings (my favorites were the prosciutto, fig mustard, & strawberry tarragon chutney). The stew & salad fireplace varies each night-our night featured a delicious venison sausage stew with winter vegetables (and I"m not much of a sausage person), a fabulous hearty, earthy mushroom veal stew, a creamy asparagus stew, and a yummy lentil/winter vegetable stew with tasty light biscuits on top. Grilled seasoned Swiss-style potatoes, salad, and fresh bread were also available. The main station features a leg of lamb (delicious), with jus and a wonderful grown-up style macaroni & cheese with Gruyere cheese & bacon bits. You must save room for dessert-not just one, but three fondues as well as a "featured dessert." Our night it was dark chocolate fondue, white chocolate with Grand Marnier fondue, caramel fondue & a very rich Bavarian chocolate pudding cake. Fondues are served in small pots, and you can get whatever "dipper" you like...strawberries, pineapple, bananas, dried apricots, chocolate chip cookie wedges, double dark chocolate cookies, cinnamon pound cake cubes, meringue fingers, almonds....
As always for Deer Valley, service is excellent, from check-in, to coats, to our waitress. There is a large reasonably priced wine list. We highly recommend this & will return next year. It's worth the $52 adult/$34 child, and you won't find a less expensive "fine dining" alternative in the area for a four course meal.

1 Thank sugarlandmom

Philadelphia, PA
“A MUST IN PARK CITY, AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I would highly reccommend Fireside Dining to anyone going to Park City. It was $52 per person and cheaper for children. It was a fabulous 4-course all you can eat experience. Each station was by one of the hugee fireplaces and the food was unbelievable. Everything was great, and I only wished I ate more room to put it. You can also bring your own wine for $15 corkage fee, but they have a decent selection of beer and wine available and also a full bar for cocktails.

1 Thank spgplat2
texas
“Don't Miss This and Arrive Hungry!”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My husband and I were staying in Midway Utah over Christmas and I was searching for off the beaten path places to eat and came across some reviews for the Fireside Dining at the Empire Lodge in Deer Valley. This was the best meal of our entire trip. We drove up to the lodge after dark and the drive inself was beautiful. You are winding up the side of the mountain and all over the mountain their were christmas lights. When we arrived we were ushered into the lodge which was tastefully decorated for Christmas with several floor to ceiling stone fireplaces. My husband and I were seated next to the Cheese fireplace which was the starting place for the meal. The dinner is based on four courses prepared at four separate fireplaces throughout the lodge. You begin with a plate of warm swiss cheese that has been melting in front of the fireplace, to accompany your cheese their is a station stocked with marinated pearl onions, crisp baby dills, an assortment of breads and cured meats. Now honestly I was full after this course but we still had 3 to go! We wondered before moving on to the next fireplace what do to with our plates, but they miraculously disappeared each time we left the table. The second fireplace was soups and stews with a station next to it of salad, beets and assorted breads. The white bean soup with venison meatballs was superb! Of course by this point my husband and I had to take a break and just sit and enjoy looking around the lodge and hoping for some stomach space to emerge before moving on to the the third fireplace before which large juicy legs of lamb were hanging. The meat was tender and perfectly cooked and served with potatoes and risotto. By this point I was groaning and stayed at our table while my husband left for the dessert fireplace. The finale was exceptional, three crocks of melted chocolate with a station full of fresh fruits, cookies and cake to dip into them.
The only unpleasant experience of dining here is figuring out how to taste everything without getting too full!

3 Thank bekkiTexas
taipei
“a good place for dinner in deer valley”
Reviewed January 31, 2009

we went there a couple of days ago, and i think it is my favorage restaurant in park city. The dinner is a buffet, with food at different fire places, the melted chese from fireplace is quite good, and the grill leg of lamb was also excellent, though the cold sides can be impoved.