“Black Tie Rocks!”

Park City Junior Snowboard Package
$36.27*
Park City Basic Ski Rental Package
More attraction details
Owner description: Black Tie Delivery Ski Rentals delivers the best ski and snowboard rental equipment directly to customers' lodging in Park City, Deer Valley, and The Canyons.
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We have used Black Tie 5 times in a row for our yearly ski trip to Park City. The service is awesome, the equipment is top-notch. It is so nice to have a time scheduled to get your equipment the night before the 1st day of skiing. No waiting until the resort shops open the next day; you are able to hit the slopes first thing in the morning.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

We recently used Black Tie Ski Rental for all our ski equipment for our family of six (2 adults and 4 children). This was our children's first ski trip and in order to reduce stress, we wanted everything to go as smooth as possible. Therefore, we didn't want the nightmare of schlepping them all into a ski rental place and waiting. I spoke with Josh while trying to decide between places and he was so nice and helpful, I decided to use his company. He told me to feel free to contact him if I needed help with anything regarding my trip. A few weeks later, I took him up on his offer. I emailed him a question regarding skiing versus snowboarding for my son. He sent back a long three paragraph response answering my question in great detail. I was so impressed! Once we got to Park City, Black Tie Ski Rental came to our rental house with two vans of equipment and two employees. These guys were so nice is was ridiculous. No kidding. It took a little over an hour to get everyone's equipment and they explained how to tighten the boots, use the bindings, etc. And best of all, everyone who was not being fitted didn't have to sit around and wait like at a ski rental shop. My husband had a problem with his boot (through no fault of theirs) on the second day and they met him on the slopes and swapped it out. We sent them to the wrong spot by accident but they were still very kind and said "no problem". We left our ski valet tag at home one day and the Deer Valley staff was trying to help us locate my skis and I called Black Tie and they helped describe the ski in detail for us. When they came to pick up our stuff the last day, we were running later then we thought and we were all divided up in three places. It took about 15 minutes longer then it should have before we got everyone and everything together. They were not rude to us or annoyed and they probably should have been (we did tip them though!). I'm not a person who recommends any service or product unless I wholeheartedly feel that it's a solid recommendation and these guys are. There's a reason they've got so many good reviews on TripAdvisor and it's because they've earned it.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

First time to Park City so lots of expectations. Even more so with a ski date at Deer Valley. But I had been looking to rent a good pair of all mountain boards, Volkls in particular. Pretty hard to come by where I'm from, Vancouver, and I figured if I couldn't source them at home, even at Whistler, I won't be able to find them anywhere. Well I Googled ski rentals at Deer Valley and Black Tie comes up. Then there's a Google listing for Black Tie on TripAdvisor and hey!, it's rated the No. 1 attraction.

There's a good reason for that. They had the Volkls. They delivered 3 pairs of skis and poles for the 3 of us renting to my friend's house just up from Park City at 7PM (the other guys got Dynastars because they did not specify). And at the house they fitted the bindings to the boots and ratcheted up the bindings to our weight and skill level. Very friendly Black Tie guy, efficient and happy to be doing his job.

We skied the first glorious day at Snowbird and I found the skis somewhat to my liking, but a little soft and wanting to wander a bit at higher speeds on the straight. They were Volkl Unlimiteds a more recreational intermediate model.

I was in the market for a pair of AC30s and after the day was over called Black Tie to see if by chance if they had that model. Sure enough they did. Wow! One of my friends also wanted to try them. So at 8PM that night, they came by again to the house with 2 pairs of Volkl AC30s, did the fitting and took our other skis and that was it. No extra charge, no fuss, no muss. How good it that??!! And the skis served me very well on a mixed conditions day on Deer Valley with hard pack, groomed the Deer Valley way in the morning and powder courtesy of a blizzard in the afternoon.

OK, the charge to rent was about $50 per day. But avoiding the time lost renting at the mountain base and waiting around, plus the on-time service (they came when they said they would) and having premium skis available to rent, that's gotta be as good a service as you can expect. They even picked up the skis the next morning at the house. They have complete trust in you.

Renting also saved on the hassle and cost of bringing one's own skis on the plane each way so the net rental cost was maybe half if you factor that in too, at least for our 2 days of skiing.

These guys are great! Can't wait for my next trip to Park City. I'll rent from Black Tie again unless I snare a pair of AC30s I can't part with. But first I have to get invited to Park City again!

Reviewed February 7, 2010

What a great decision that it was to use Black Tie Ski rental. This was our first ski trip in 5 or so years and we didn't want to have to deal with the daily hassle or high prices of renting at a resort. We had our skis dropped off to us at our house within an hour of arriving to Park City. For three days in a row, we took to the slopes at Deer Valley, which offers a free overnight ski/pole storage (such a great service), and kept our boots in the seasonal locker that went with our house. On our last day, the Black Tie Ski staffer actually met us as we were walking off the slope to take our skis, poles and helmets. We were a little late making our way down the mountain, and after calling to make sure that we were OK, the staffer waited patiently for us until we were ready to hand over our gear. I would definitely recommend Black Tie for stress-free ski rental.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

Just returned from a first time Park City, UT ski vacation and decided to give Black Tie a go for my ski rentals. I'm glad I did. It made the views from the tops of Park City and Deer Valley that much more enjoyable, knowing that I had a fantastic set of "custom fit" skis on my feet.

I chose to upgrade Intermediate package to get a better set of boots & skis. A great choice for the extra $$ (you might be able to find a discount coupon online to offset this upgrade!)

Claude came to my condo at the agreed upon time, made sure the boots fit right, that the poles were the right size, and adjusted the release on the ski bindings. After my last run @ Deer Valley, I called Black Tie and there was a representative waiting at the lodge to pick them up. No hassle, great skiing!