“Black Tie Ski Rentals aka First Class Skier Service”

Black Tie Ski Rentals of Park City
Book In Advance
More Info
$36.27*
and up
Park City Basic Ski Rental Package
More attraction details
Owner description: Black Tie Delivery Ski Rentals delivers the best ski and snowboard rental equipment directly to customers' lodging in Park City, Deer Valley, and The Canyons.
West Vancouver, B. C.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Black Tie Ski Rentals aka First Class Skier Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

First time to Park City so lots of expectations. Even more so with a ski date at Deer Valley. But I had been looking to rent a good pair of all mountain boards, Volkls in particular. Pretty hard to come by where I'm from, Vancouver, and I figured if I couldn't source them at home, even at Whistler, I won't be able to find them anywhere. Well I Googled ski rentals at Deer Valley and Black Tie comes up. Then there's a Google listing for Black Tie on TripAdvisor and hey!, it's rated the No. 1 attraction.

There's a good reason for that. They had the Volkls. They delivered 3 pairs of skis and poles for the 3 of us renting to my friend's house just up from Park City at 7PM (the other guys got Dynastars because they did not specify). And at the house they fitted the bindings to the boots and ratcheted up the bindings to our weight and skill level. Very friendly Black Tie guy, efficient and happy to be doing his job.

We skied the first glorious day at Snowbird and I found the skis somewhat to my liking, but a little soft and wanting to wander a bit at higher speeds on the straight. They were Volkl Unlimiteds a more recreational intermediate model.

I was in the market for a pair of AC30s and after the day was over called Black Tie to see if by chance if they had that model. Sure enough they did. Wow! One of my friends also wanted to try them. So at 8PM that night, they came by again to the house with 2 pairs of Volkl AC30s, did the fitting and took our other skis and that was it. No extra charge, no fuss, no muss. How good it that??!! And the skis served me very well on a mixed conditions day on Deer Valley with hard pack, groomed the Deer Valley way in the morning and powder courtesy of a blizzard in the afternoon.

OK, the charge to rent was about $50 per day. But avoiding the time lost renting at the mountain base and waiting around, plus the on-time service (they came when they said they would) and having premium skis available to rent, that's gotta be as good a service as you can expect. They even picked up the skis the next morning at the house. They have complete trust in you.

Renting also saved on the hassle and cost of bringing one's own skis on the plane each way so the net rental cost was maybe half if you factor that in too, at least for our 2 days of skiing.

These guys are great! Can't wait for my next trip to Park City. I'll rent from Black Tie again unless I snare a pair of AC30s I can't part with. But first I have to get invited to Park City again!

Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Five Star Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

What a great decision that it was to use Black Tie Ski rental. This was our first ski trip in 5 or so years and we didn't want to have to deal with the daily hassle or high prices of renting at a resort. We had our skis dropped off to us at our house within an hour of arriving to Park City. For three days in a row, we took to the slopes at Deer Valley, which offers a free overnight ski/pole storage (such a great service), and kept our boots in the seasonal locker that went with our house. On our last day, the Black Tie Ski staffer actually met us as we were walking off the slope to take our skis, poles and helmets. We were a little late making our way down the mountain, and after calling to make sure that we were OK, the staffer waited patiently for us until we were ready to hand over our gear. I would definitely recommend Black Tie for stress-free ski rental.

East Amherst, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skis...at your service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

Just returned from a first time Park City, UT ski vacation and decided to give Black Tie a go for my ski rentals. I'm glad I did. It made the views from the tops of Park City and Deer Valley that much more enjoyable, knowing that I had a fantastic set of "custom fit" skis on my feet.

I chose to upgrade Intermediate package to get a better set of boots & skis. A great choice for the extra $$ (you might be able to find a discount coupon online to offset this upgrade!)

Claude came to my condo at the agreed upon time, made sure the boots fit right, that the poles were the right size, and adjusted the release on the ski bindings. After my last run @ Deer Valley, I called Black Tie and there was a representative waiting at the lodge to pick them up. No hassle, great skiing!

Ocean, NJ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“The Best Delivery Ski Rental Company in the Industry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

Black Tie staff are the best! We were a diverse party of 10 of varying skill levels skiing in the Park City, Utah area for 5 days. We completed our online profile of skier height, weight, shoe size, etc. in advance and they delivered the correct equipment for all of us on time to our hotel room. They will come out to your hotel or any of the slopes to make small adjustments, doing so pleasantly and professionally. After skiing they picked up the equipment in the most hassle free way possible.

1 Thank HikeBikeSkiGuy
san diego, ca
“Black tie ski rental you rock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

They were awesome, perfect and a genius concept!! So easy to use. They dropped off skis, poles, boots and helmet. They were wonderful. Great customer service. No waiting in lines or worrying about anything. The quality of the rental was top notch!! Awesome and thrilled that we did this. While the rest of our party was eating breakfast and getting ready to hit the slopes, our ski renter was getting outfitted, no fuss, no muss!!