“Excellent value for the price!”
Review of Purple Sage Motel

and 1 more site!
Purple Sage Motel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Mesa, Arizona
“Excellent value for the price!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is an older motel that has been updated and in very good condition -- very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The owners were extremely nice and told us some of the history of the town of Panguitch, which we found very interesting. We will definitely stay here again on future trips to Montana.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washinton utah
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were coming into town 4 business & made it a lil weekend getaway 2 :) The motel was very clean, friendly & quiet. There r table & chairs outside the rooms 2 make relaxing 2. It is right off the "main" street where everything is located.
The owner was very nice & made me feel that I would b safe :)
Awesome place 2 stay while in Panguitch

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zac An Jennifer G
Lynnwood, WA
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed in the family room which had three beds in two rooms. The main room was your standard motel room (bed, small table/chairs, tv & bath). The second room had two beds, tv, table/chairs but no bath. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The AC worked. It was a bit noisy in the room. The highway is close by and the windows are older aluminum frame single pane so you hear the trucks going by. But, as evening turned to night traffic died and things quieted down. The bathroom was clean and water pressure was good and hot. Wifi signal in room #6 was terrible. Working in 3G now as iPhone won't hold motels wifi connection. There is a free neighboring signal that is stronger than the motel's so I used it for the laptop last night. Price ($125) seemed a bit much for what we got. There are no other amenities other than the room. No pool, no breakfast, no nothing. Panguitch is "near" Bryce but $125 for this room is too much. If ever in town overnight again we will probably try a different place.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Bill_from_Washington
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed in the family suite...it was clean,smelled good(No smoking means no smoking:),& had ample towels for our family of 8. The bathroom was updated...no mold or icky shower/toilet. Only 30 minute drive to Bryce Canyon...we really enjoyed our stay here and think it was a great value!
Highly recommend...my girls' only complaint is the TV in the 2nd bedroom is a bit of a dinosaur so the image is a bit fuzzy but overall..great room, great price! The owners were very personable and pleasant and extremely helpful on the phone~

Room Tip: I can only comment on our room...room # 6-family suite is highly recommended
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathi B
Utah
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here one night after web research. I was a little worried at the exterior (it needs sprucing up), but the room was really nice--clean, well-arranged, beds were very comfortable, lots of hot water and good pressure in the shower, nice toiletries, great cable channels, nice hosts. You can't beat the price. A little bit of a drive to Bryce Canyon, but listen, folks, it's not worth paying what Ruby's Inn charges for their lodging. Panguitch seems to have fallen a bit on hard times--one convenience store/gas station, a large one, was out of milk. And we got surly service from a teenager at the pizza place in town (pizza was good, however).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Moniquepeep
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I drove into town looking for places to stay for one night and decided to stay here based on previous reviews on tripadvisor. I liked it so much that the next night, instead of continuing on my journey a little bit further down the road toward Zion NP, I decided to stay another night at the Purple Sage. The nights I stayed were Thur/Fri Oct 27th and 28th, 2011 and looking back on it, what stands out to me was the cleanliness of the room and their beds. The bathroom was spotless and they have great mattresses which are more comfortable then mine own back home. I was impressed and will stay here again the next time as it was a great base for venturing out to Bryce Canyon NP as well as other activities in the area. The owner was very helpful when I asked about doing laundry. They didn't have facilities onsite but he gave me directions to a laundry mat located nearby. I also had my mountain bike with me and it was really dirty from riding earlier that day but the local car wash was out of order so the motel owner let me pull up to the side of his house and use his water hose to rinse off my bike. When I asked about places to eat breakfast, he pointed out all the local places and even had their menus for me to view (all were good places to eat, btw). Great customer service and I appreciate it very much. One last thing....I liked the 32 inch flat screen TV in the room as it enabled me to watch the World Series both nights.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank r28a
London
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed 2 nights whilst we explored Bryce Canyon. Panguitch is a one horse sort of town and I think this motel does itself a disservice in the photo on their website. OK it is bit of an old school motel, but the welcome was very friendly and helpful and the room was exceptionally clean. Free wi-fi was excellent. Just a 20 minute drive to Bryce.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank janeandallen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
Bryce Pioneer Village
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Purple Sage Motel? Share your experiences!