“Unexpectedly nice”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Houston, Texas
“Unexpectedly nice”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I was rather skeptical about this hotel when I was booking it online. The place was unexpectedly very nice and clean. The staff was very accommodating and welcoming. We’ve arrived very late at night and had some problems connecting to the Internet. Owner’s son came to our room to help us with it, and called a little later to be sure that everything was in order. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, and highly recommend it to anyone traveling through Panguitch. All other places in town pale in comparison to New Western Motel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bittycar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel with family for the past four to five years. We usually reserve ten rooms or more rooms and that was a huge issue this time. It took twenty five minutes just to check in and it continued downhill after that. The rooms were missing remotes, light bulbs, fire alarm covers, some wouldn't open, some wouldn't lock, it was a nightmare! Both the pool and the jacuzzi were closed, there were no more flowers or green grass, its really sad to see such a great property go south like this! Cannot wait until these owners get out, or shape up!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Panguitch hotels

Utah
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Not sure why this is rated so low, I stayed here last night and it’s 1000 times better than the Motel 6 I stayed at in Cedar City a few days ago. In all honesty I should probably only give a “4” rating but it seems this motel’s been unjustly picked on so I’m inflating its number a little with a “5”.

Yeah, it’s by a busy street but that’s just the way it is, you can see that for yourself on any map. I can’t expect them to sound proof their walls or move their entire establishment. Some of the complaints here seem like one-time incidents. Hot water – check. Phone – check. Closet – check. No mold – check.
My trip was business and my coworker and I got separate rooms. They put us in two rooms with two queens. So plenty of room.

Amenities in my room (121):
2 desks, 3 chairs, alarm clock, phone (not sure of its functions since I’ve got my own), mini fridge (empty), TV w/ remote (wireless), 3 drawers on TV hutch, 5-ft tall closet, ironing board w/ iron, luggage chair, bedside desk w/ drawer and Bible, coffee maker w/ crème, sugar, and four Styrofoam cups, ice bucket, little bottle of moisturizing lotion, four plastic cups, air conditioner, hair dryer, tissues, 4 little bars of soap, little bottle of conditioner/shampoo, little trash can, tons of towels, plenty of available outlets 2 of which are built into a desk along with 2 modem ports, wireless network, and a thick curtain on my window.

Some of the downside:
There’s like a 1” gap between the bottom of the door and the floor so ended up sticking some of the towels in there so I didn’t wake up feeling like a popsicle and it may have reduced the street noise a little.
My room seemed super charged with static electricity. For the first three hours I was in it it seemed like everything I touched created visible arches of electricity. Listening to my laptop with my earbud headphones I made the mistake of stepping on the carpet with my socks on. ZAP! To the ears! Ripped my headphones off and never got off the bed with my headphones on again.
The shower head only came up to my chin (I’m 6’2”) so that was kind of a bummer.
The hot tube was being sanded and painted at the time of my visit so I was disappointed by that as well. Oh well, they’ve got to paint it sometime.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mrsquigles
Meridian, ID
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This was really a disappointment to an otherwise really nice visit to very scenic part of Utah. When we arrived and were checking in, one of the rooms that was occupied was having a hot water problem. We were concerned and asked if it was going to be an issue and were assured that everything would be fine. The room was clean but the building is old as is the furniture. The place is rather noisy, as it sets on the road. When we awoke the next morning, we were greeted with no hot water. We called the front desk and a young child answered the phone, then finally an adult called came to the phone and told us they were aware of the problem but it would be some time before the water would be repaired as the repair person had to come from Cedar City. Needless to say we didn't have any hot water before we left this town. Didn't bother with the breakfast, didn't seem like it was going to make things any better.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed November 7, 2008

We stayed at this motel several years ago and found it to be very modest, but acceptable. This time was quite unpleasant. We paid $79 for 2 beds in the newer building.

We arrived late and accepted the room without inspecting it first. We discovered that the room had no phone and no closet. However, the room was relatively clean.

At 6am in the morning we were awaken by noises in the parking lot and a terrible smell coming into our room. As we prepared to leave, we discovered that the shower had black mold in the corners. My wife and I showered, but my kids would not even use it.

The owners/managers are fairly pleasant when they take your money, but wait till you have a problem. He turns into Archie Bunker and she was quite unpleasant as well.

I would not recommend stay here.

• Liked — Location/Price
  • Disliked — Dirty/Noisy/Smelly/Unpleasant owners
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Clean rooms, staff was nice. Very basic continental breakfast. Clean bathroom with good shower. Outdoor hallways. Free Wi-Fi with good signal in our room. We thought it was a good, cheaper alternative to places closer to the park.
The town has a couple little cafes that are filled with tourists - tried the Cowboys Smokehouse but it was packed, the food looked pretty good though. Ended up eating at the Flying M and ended up wishing we waited at the Smokehouse instead.

• Stayed September 2008
Southern California
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We had booked a king room but ended up with 2 queen.s Room was clean and large (Room 224). We did look at a king room (#108) that was in the same complex as the office (we were across the street) however it was very, very small. The owners did tell us this and had us look first. We wanted the room across the street. Hotel was quiet and nice. It's not the Hilton, but it was clean and nice.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mouskalollie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
#4 of 14 in Panguitch
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Days Inn Panguitch? Share your experiences!