“Save yourself - Stay elsewhere!”
Review of Days Inn Panguitch

Days Inn Panguitch
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
California
“Save yourself - Stay elsewhere!”
Reviewed November 7, 2008

We stayed at this motel several years ago and found it to be very modest, but acceptable. This time was quite unpleasant. We paid $79 for 2 beds in the newer building.

We arrived late and accepted the room without inspecting it first. We discovered that the room had no phone and no closet. However, the room was relatively clean.

At 6am in the morning we were awaken by noises in the parking lot and a terrible smell coming into our room. As we prepared to leave, we discovered that the shower had black mold in the corners. My wife and I showered, but my kids would not even use it.

The owners/managers are fairly pleasant when they take your money, but wait till you have a problem. He turns into Archie Bunker and she was quite unpleasant as well.

I would not recommend stay here.

• Liked — Location/Price
  • Disliked — Dirty/Noisy/Smelly/Unpleasant owners
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Clean rooms, staff was nice. Very basic continental breakfast. Clean bathroom with good shower. Outdoor hallways. Free Wi-Fi with good signal in our room. We thought it was a good, cheaper alternative to places closer to the park.
The town has a couple little cafes that are filled with tourists - tried the Cowboys Smokehouse but it was packed, the food looked pretty good though. Ended up eating at the Flying M and ended up wishing we waited at the Smokehouse instead.

• Stayed September 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Panguitch hotels

Southern California
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We had booked a king room but ended up with 2 queen.s Room was clean and large (Room 224). We did look at a king room (#108) that was in the same complex as the office (we were across the street) however it was very, very small. The owners did tell us this and had us look first. We wanted the room across the street. Hotel was quiet and nice. It's not the Hilton, but it was clean and nice.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mouskalollie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

The room was across the road and was fine with respect to being clean and having everything you needed. Breakfast was a shambles, no room to really sit and very little to eat! Frozen muffins and multi coloured sweet cereal did not do it for me! I left hungry....

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Should you listen to me? I'm someone who usually stays in a modest hotel - Hampton, Fairfield, Holiday Inn. Will do a Ramada or Hilton on occasion. A Lodge or resort/spa is a treat for me. Mostly I want a CLEAN ROOM and I prefer a new hotel or a recently renovated one.

I think you have to consider where you are here. We arrived about 11pm and the lobby, which was across the main drag through town from where I stayed, was closed. On the door was a note to me that my key was in the door and to settle up in the morning. I was impressed with this - a "Mayberry" feel. The room was very clean and look as if it had undergone some minor renovation recently (new carpet, shower curtain, caulk in the tubs, etc.). It was a nice, albeit brief, stay. I got a great price and considering you haven't much in the way of choices in Bryce country it exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was limited but it was free and you get what you pay for (juice, coffee, two cereals, muffins, toast).

The bottom line was that it was a nice place, a short drive from Bryce, without the Bryce Lodge or Ruby's Inn price. I'll stay again when in the area.

Btw, Painguitch - Native American for "Big Fish". In case you wondered - I did.....

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank Van-go67
france
Reviewed October 13, 2005

We stayed in the old building, (not the one that you can see on the website), the rooms are not too bad, it seems to be clean. But you have the impression to sleep on the street, it's really noisy. Don' t go there, if you want a good night of sleep!

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank chrystelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Way Motel
Bryce Way Motel
#7 of 14 in Panguitch

Been to Days Inn Panguitch? Share your experiences!