“Misery”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Harolds Place Restaurant
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Food was home made and good value, we were the only diners and she did not offer coffee. The title reflects the book/film by the same name I would not want to be held captive by her. Overall not bad but don't expect slick service.

2  Thank Mike H

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a lovely restaurant serving great, tasty food which was reasonably priced. We enjoyed our food very much and would highly recommend this restaurant .

1  Thank V1953
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Husband & I stopped by Harold's Place approximately at 4:10 pm after being at Bryce Canyon most of the day. As we were heading for the door and a woman came out ask if we were there for a room. We told her no we were there to eat. She informed us the restaurant was closed and would not be opened until 6pm. So, if you want dinner prior to 6 pm you will need to go somewhere else. The lady was not the friendliest. We went into town and ate.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I stopped there for dinner,"BIG MISTAKE". Ordered the rib eye steak and my wife ordered chicken.The waitress was unfriendly, acted like it was a big bother to take our order. I ordered my steak medium rare what I got was raw. Sent it back and got it vulcanized . It tasted like card board and chewed like rubber. As we were paying the check I asked the waitress how far the cook chased the cow before he sliced off the steak. She replied "not very far" You would think that for $17.95. For a steak that you would get something fit to eat. BUT NOT AT HAROLD'S!

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had read good things about this restaurant in a guide book, so we ventured in when, apparently, a bus had stopped and overwhelmed them. After a few moments of waiting, we finally got a waitress who asked if we were with the bus. When we said we weren't, we were told, "You'll have to sit with the bus people, then, and you'll eat what they're eating: steak, chicken or fish." We decided we didn't "need" to do anything, so we left the surly waitress behind and went somewhere else.

This was the second less-than-friendly greeting we'd received from customer service people in the area around Bryce Canyon, and our whole experience beyond the park (which was fantastic) was inhospitable at best and downright rude on several occasions. Are these people all outwardly hostile to the tourists wanting to support their economy? It certainly has left us thinking we'll just stick to Zion park in the future.

I had considered renting a cabin at this place, and based on the horrible greeting and customer service from the restaurant, I was very glad we didn't.

1  Thank More-Smiths