“mariana review”
Review of Marianna Inn

Marianna Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Decided to risk staying here because of positive review posted in may .09. RIPPED OFF! They charged us double the price it should have been. We had no recourse because we did not receive a bill - we prepaid- that should have been my first clue. They dont open until 10:00 a.m. so you cant talk to the owner. The place smelled clean, but the room is very basic, and there are no amenities- phone, etc. DO NOT STAY HERE! We knew the area would be rustic, but this was rediculous!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank lesliefw

Reviewed May 29, 2009

I read the reviews about this motel. I do not think that they do justice at all! I had a wonderful experience here! I reserved a standard room and when I got there the owner offered me an upgrade. It was worth paying extra! The countryside view was so refreshing to wake up to and the room was sparkling clean! The service was so wonderful.... They made my family feel at home with theirs! I suggest that you try this little piece of heaven for yourself!

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I still have yet to find out how my travel agent heard about this disgusting and over priced hotel. The owners clearly are out to rip off their customers. I stayed in what was supposedly a "brand new" room. There is no way it was brand new and the owner charged $50 more than the standard "old room"!. This is evidently high season but still a rip off. The bathroom was not clean - bugs and hair - and iIdon't remember ever staying in brand new room where the bathroom had mold! What was new was the carpet. There was no soap in the room...absolutely NO amenities. The wireless kept disconnecting for no apparent reason and the owner showed no interest in wanting to please the customer. It seems there are several other much better options in Panguitch.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank DSD2222
Reviewed August 20, 2008

The motel was old and it shows. The owners obviously don't care about the property and are only looking to make a buck and to rip off people going to visit Bryce Canyon. The floors, walls, sheets, bathrooms were dirty. What else can i say. Don't stay at any motel in Panguitch. Take the ride to the outside of Bryce Canyon and look for the Best Western or ride down to Mt. Carmel or Kanab and stay there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gpd132
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This was the worst motel that I have ever slept in. Staff was horrible, we ordered two queen beds for our two couple group. They gave us one king size bed. The room was 11 by 11 plus a 5 by 5 bath room. The sink that hoverd above the toilet leaked constantly. The bed had hair and bed bugs all over it. The air conditioner was so loud, that at least it drowned out the sound of the big rigs traveling down hwy 89 all night. Every thing about this motel was horrible. If you have a choice never stay at this motel. Plus for 100 dollars a night you can find a much better deal I wouldn't even call this hotel a 1/2 star!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank SamSingleton
Reviewed June 26, 2007

This place has major problems. The sheets on the king bed were too small and kept coming out. The room itself was small. We got hang up calls on our room phone both nights we were there. Our requested wake up call never came. The toilet leaked and many little things needed to be fixed.

The Marianna Inn was rated as two star on hotels.com, but it bearly deserrves one star. My wife and I stayed at many motels during our three week trip to national parks in the southwest U.S. and Las Vegas, and the Marianna Inn was our only disapointment. I suggest you try another motel when you visit Bryce Canyon.

Dave L.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave1357
Reviewed July 6, 2006

This very old motel is on the outside of Panguitch. It is far from Bryce Canyon. The location is very inconvenient. The rooms are very small and old. There is no customer service. If you are going to Bryce Canyon my advice is to stay east of Panguitch. If you must stay in Panguitch, do not stay at the Marianna Inn although the other choices in Panguitch did not appear to be any better.

• Stayed: June 2006