“Good place to eat when in Panguitch”

Cowboy's Smokehouse Cafe
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Panguitch
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the primary restaurants in the Panguitch area and we enjoyed our dinner when we stopped by. They are known for their barbecue so that is the primary feature on their menu. The BBQ sausage was good. We did not try their stakes or ribs. Beverages were reasonably priced for a restaurant. Good 'out west' atmosphere.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Loved it all. Try for 5 pm....the line does form after that and it is a wait! Great dinner, great desserts. And COLD beer!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family arrived in Panguich tired and hungry after a long day of driving. We walked "downtown" from our B and B because we needed to stretch our legs. The only place we found on our walk was this. It was busy, so we figured it must be good. My wife and I shared the rib eye, and it was plenty for the two of us. As I stated in my title, it was a smoked steak, which is not my favorite, but it's okay every once in a while. Our one son likes smoked meats, and also enjoyed the rib eye. There are many menu choices, so he had a hard time deciding. Our other child is our finicky eater, so he ordered the cheeseburger, which was nothing to get excited about. There are better restaurants in the area, but you'll have to drive a bit to get to them. I found this place to be average, and see no reason to return. If you enjoy smoked meats go here, if not drive somewhere else.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is one of the only (or the only open) place to eat in Panguitch. I ordered a sampler with smoked turkey, beef and ribs. The turkey was moist and excellent, The ribs were smoked so they tasted like dry ham. They had one 'generic' BBQ sauce on the table to use. Normally I'd expect the BBQ sauce to be unique and excellent with multiple choices, so a bit disappointing. The beef was ok smoked. With no good BBQ sauce, the meat was 'undressed'... just plain smoked The baked potato was cold. I saw other tables sending their uncooked yams back. My son's was undercooked as well. Service was very slow. The atmosphere is one of dead animal heads on the restaurant walls staring down at you while you eat. They charge an extra $3 to use a credit or debit cards. There is a sign when you check out that there is an ATM two blocks away that you can walk to if you don't want to pay the $3 fee. If hungry for a BBQ or meat, the new BBQ restaurant outside of town at the Bryce Canyon Western Resort was recommended (we should have eaten there).

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived in Panguitch on the way to Bryce Canyon around noon. We couldn't resist the smell of smoke coming from their smoker, so we went in for lunch. They didn't have any of their ribs ready for lunch, so we had their potato soup. It was the best potato soup we had, so, we came back for dinner. Their corn bread with honey butter was great but their smoked ribs were the best we'd ever had. Tender and smoked to perfection!!!! We went back again the 2nd night to try their kielbasa sausage smoked. It was also very good....but nothing beats their ribs!!!! Then we had their desserts!!! Their cinnamon bread pudding was fantastic and their crust on the cherry pie melted in your mouth. Even their lemonade is homemade.....DELICIOUS!