“Old and could do with some remodelling”
Review of Canyon Lodge Motel

Canyon Lodge Motel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It's a 10 room family owned motel on Highway 89. Our room had no curtains, but a vertical blind that wouldn't close properly. Room was ok, but bathroom could do with some basic remodeling. While sitting down my knees hit the sink, so I had to do the number 2 sideways. 69 plus tax was too much for a place like this.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mindlesspaul
There are newer reviews for Canyon Lodge Motel

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here one night and felt well taken care of. The beds were very comfortable. The owners were helpful and friendly. Just found out they took ownership of the Motel about a Month ago.

They gave us a couple good tips on dining in Panguitch and some of the local sites. Bryce Canyon was so beautiful and Panguitch was a fun town. Kind of reminded me of the town in Cars. Except with people instead of cars.

Our stay included Wifi, which I thought was fast for such a small town like Panguitch. I was afraid it would be like dial up. My wife was able to upload pictures to facebook and we even logged into our Netflix account and the kids watched some of their favorite programs.

Everything about our stay was great. We would definelty return and stay there again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were on what ended up being a 12 day vacation & a half day ahead of schedule & stayed here on July 13,2012. I was setting in the parking lot while the wife was just getting checked in & getting a key @ about 1:30P.M. when it started hailing about pea size hail. It looked liked it had snowed before it was done. I reserved this room months in advance based on reviews on Tripadvisor & was not disappointed. It is an older property & does not have all the amenities of the big chains, but It is clean & American family owned. The beds were very comfortable & the room had a western cowboy decor.They are very accommodating & run down with some extra towels to throw down in front of the door to help with the mess of the hail while they were shoveling the walks(really) in July. I would definitely stay here again. They also recommended the Flying M Cafe which was good advice & close by their location. I try to stay in the smaller locally owned places when I can. As i did in Kanab by staying @ Treasure Trail Motel which was also great. Thanks, Jay

1  Thank JAY W
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great little motel! We only stayed one nite in the family unit, but it was just perfect for us. It's not brand new, but it was clean. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room because we were outside on the benches and patio visiting with other travelers. Exactly what a vacation should be comfortable surroundings, meeting new people, Benjamin and his family were terriffic! Bryce Canyon was AMAZING - wish we were staying longer. Panguitch is a great little town. Will definately make it a destination when we are back this way.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I wasn't going to write a review. But I think with small businesses, if you are treated well you should tell people.

My brother & I had to travel from Montana to Phoenix for a family medical emergency in October 2011. We didn't have time to make any hotel plans because we had to get to Phoenix ASAP. By the time we arrived in Panguitch, UT, we had traveled most of the day through Montana, Idaho, and Utah and were very tired and anxious. As we were driving though the town of Panguitch, we approched this motel and its retro neon sign. My brother declares "This is it!"

We had to call from a courtesy phone to the clerk to check into the motel. In couple of short minutes, Scott arrived. He quoted a very super reasonable rate. We were pleased! We paid and were getting ready to settle in our room. Then, the clerk learned why we were on the road. He paused, and offered us the "Family Suite."

The suite has a main room and two smaller bedrooms, and a small bathroom. There was a coffee maker in the room. It's not the Ritz, but it's very quaint and "Mom & Pop." There was a lodge pole pine sofa and a quilt on the bed. The room was reasonably clean. Someone on this site described it as "old America" feel and that's accurate. You can tell they are making an effort to the business. We needed clean, safe place to rest for a couple of hours to hit the road again. That's what we found. The added bonus is we each had privacy in the suite. We were so thankful to find a Very affordable motel operated by kind people as we were dealing with our family emergency.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We actually stayed one night and were quite intrigued with the town and it's "old America" feel.
The canyon lodge motel is exactly what it's name says it is: a motel.
So yes, services in the room are reduced to minimum, the beds are not super comfortable and clean is something else (it is not dirty, but not spotless).
It's family owned, very nice couple.
If you are staying for a night only, I don't think you will find better or worse as Panguitch is very small...

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a small motel which makes it nice. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. They are a bit small but there is a closet which helped and an extra luggage rack in the bathroom behind the door. I have this thing for a good shower in the morning. The quality of the shower can make or break a place for me. This shower made it. Usually in older motels the shower hits you in the chest. The owners here were smart enough to get the extension that raises it to a nice level. There is tons of water and its hot. The room was quiet, no noise from either side and no road noise. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
#1 of 1 in Bryce Canyon City
Purple Sage Motel
Purple Sage Motel
#2 of 14 in Panguitch

Been to Canyon Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!