“Home on the Range - Fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panguitch
Cottonwood Meadow Lodge
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a great find. It's a bit of a drive from Bryce but that is a good thing - those motels did not look nice. Get your groceries ahead of time and enjoy making your own food. You are in the middle of nowhere and that is wonderful and very special. We stayed in the log cabin and out the front door was a couple of acres, including horses and beautiful sunsets. One night we enjoyed a campfire under the most spectacular stargazing. The owners are great and brought us cookies and checked on us, which was a nice touch. It's probably on the higher price side, but you make up for it by making your own food in the kitchen and it was truly a wonderful unique experience. We loved our four days there and would recommend it highly. We also enjoyed tubing down the river. It was a bit adventurous and I flipped out which could have been bad, so don't let your kids go unattended and be careful. The dogs and cats on the property made it even better. Well done. Book early as there are only a couple of options for houses.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sabell

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We loved our stay here with our 9 month old son. Great to have your own space to sit and contemplate the surroundings and the day's hike. We struggled to find nice accommodation in the area but landed on our feet here. Great hosts, fresh eggs....and dare I say it, fresh ice-cream!! Really enjoyed getting home and letting our son roam around the chickens, cats and the friendly dog..education on the go! Really could not have asked for more...with the possible exception of the bed..which didn't quite feel level or that comfortable. That being said the day's hike soon solved that problem!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank esung
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked a stay based on the rave reviews, but my experience did not match up. The fireplace was broken, platoons of dead flies littered the floor (and live flies were equally abundant), and the homey touches such as fresh eggs supposedly delivered in the morning didn't happen. I'd have really liked a set of keys to secure my belongings while I was out during the day but had to leave the place unlocked. Both the facilities and the service were below expectations based on the Lodge's website and reviews. When the cleaning fee is factored in, this is not an inexpensive stay and in my experience, not worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank smrttraveler
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Cottonwood Meadow Lodge is a picturesque home away from home. Our time there in late October 2012 was very relaxing and comfortable. The farm house is warm and welcoming. They offer you fresh eggs every morning from their chickens. Jessie, their yellow Labrador adopted us. We enjoyed our time hiking in Bryce and Zion, visiting the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, seeing snow at Cedar Break and taking a scenic drive to Escalante. Our entire stay at the lodge was a wonderful experience and my wife and I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caryb1440
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The title of this review was a conversation between my sister and myself. She asked the question; "Is this Heaven?" I responded; "No, but it is a stop along the way". Along with my brother-in-law, the three of us came back to Cottonwood Meadow Lodge on September 18, 2012, and stayed for 10 days. This was our fourth year in a row, coming out here during autumn, from Southern California.

It is so peaceful and beautiful here. I stayed in the Bunk House, which is so comfortable and roomy. I wish we could learn more about the history of this property. We're told it is over one hundred years old. No doubt it has seen its share of entropy and restoration. Jerry and Jan Drummond manage the lodge, and continue to invest their energies and love into the place. I've seen them provide for the other guests, and many join in the campfire on the lawn, enjoying meals and conversation.

This is the first time we've been here for the month of September. The change of seasons was so prominent. The intense colors of green, yellow and orange, among the deep blue skies was awesome! This is a photographers dream. I ended up taking over 700 photos! Yes, there will be many alike, but I will get to a manageable number.

I reccommend staying at Cottonwood Meadow Lodge to everyone. It's great for kids, too. They would love the Drummond's Labrador, Jesse!

Room Tip: The Barn and Log Cabin are smaller and more intimate. The Farm House is very large. The Bunk House...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

What a find! This should be #1 in Southern Utah. The hospitality shown by the owners was icing on an already wonderful cake. The accommodations were beautifully appointed, comfortable and looked new. The location, about 20 minutes from Bryce NP entrance and 60 minutes from Zion, is ideal for seeing sites; but the lodge is such a treat, it became the destination of choice for the kids. Jesse- the dog, cats, horses, chickens and cows are as entertaining as the river and grounds. Peaceful and serene surroundings with Plenty of fun for the kids. Perfection!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When travelling to national parks with the family we try and find places to stay that allow for calming down time, and Cottonwood Meadow Lodge fit the bill. We stayed in the Barn which was perfect for a family of four. Jerry and Jan were outgoing and wonderful to talk with while sitting by the fire at night, yet they were very respectful of our time and desire to enjoy the surroundings.

Our kids (4 and 7) loved the wide open spaces to run and play and my wife and I enjoyed coffee on the deck in the chilly morning air (with Jesse the dog) and stargazing at night by the fire. With Bryce 20 miles away and Zion 60+, Cottonwood is perfectly placed as a home base between hiking excursions. I would highly recommend this lodge to anyone/famiy heading to this area of Utah.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
#1 of 7 in Panguitch
Church's Blue Pine Motel
Church's Blue Pine Motel
#1 of 14 in Panguitch

Been to Cottonwood Meadow Lodge? Share your experiences!