“Great Mexican Food at a Great price!!!”
Review of Mama Chus

Mama Chus
Ranked #38 of 226 Restaurants in Orem
Lehi
“Great Mexican Food at a Great price!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Mama Chus 3 or 4 times now & we have been satisfied each time. We enjoy coming here with family because of the atmosphere & affordable prices. My favorite is the carne asada burrito. We love their chips & salsa too!

1 Thank UtahLion

Salt Lake City, Utah
“So-so”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

It's pretty good if you like the traditional American-downed Mexican food. The salsa was nothing like real Mexican salsa but the chips were good. The service was super friendly but i probably won't go back. I grew up 7 miles from the border of Mexico in California so when I say it's not legit salsa... It's not.

Las Vegas
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We'd heard great reviews of Mama Chus and decided to check it out for ourselves. We were not impressed. While the prices are good, you get what you pay for. My 'carne asada' was nothing more than an overcooked piece of steak with some sad shredded lettuce on the side and the rice was just bland, white rice with something flavorless coloring it orange. Next time I'm in Utah, I'll stick to my old favorite.

• Visited July 2013
Orem
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I love to eat out. After seeing all the good reviews this place was getting, we decided to give it a try for dinner one night. The service was slower than I think it should have been given that there were only 2 other tables which had people at the time we were seated. I ordered Enchiladas and a Chile Relleno and my wife ordered Tacos and Taquitos. My plate was covered in so much cheese that I could not see the food beneath. I had to peel off quite a lot of it in order to get to the food. The enchiladas were alright but the sauce was very watery and overly sweet. In addition, the chilie relleno was floating in the same sauce and completely drowned out any flavor that it might have had on its own. I was disappointed in my meal, but it wasn't the worst that I've had in Utah Valley. My wife's food seemed better but she wasn't impressed either. The prices at Mama Chus were very good but I would prefer to pay a little more to get a little higher quality food.

• Visited February 2013
Provo, Utah, United States
“This is a "go-to" no brainer for us”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a well-kept secret and we kind of hope it stays that way. We get seated right away, served great hot chips and tasty salsa right away and get our orders taken right away. It's easy to pick Mama Chus when faced with grilled cheese and canned soup for dinner.

The menu is varied - nothing out of the ordinary from any other Mexican restaurant menu - but everything has been consistently delicious, hot, cheesy and spiced perfectly. If you want ambiance, go someplace else. If you want great food and an amazing low price, eat at Mama Chus. You'll be back.

• Visited November 2012