“weird but good”

La Carreta Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 235 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's so cheap, but you may have to order a few things. Avoid the weird flattened steaks. They are stringy

1  Thank robbieXpierce

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The steaks are very thinly sliced and mine was very tough. They served everything with fries. The taste really was not that great. I won't eat here again.

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed May 26, 2012

If you like Peruvian--real Peruvian, then you'll love this restaurant. There food is authentic, and always good. It is a family business, and everyone in the family is friendly and helpful.

2  Thank salupm1
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed May 1, 2009

gag with a dirty spoon

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I wanted something different so we chose La Carreta. I am not familiar with Peruvian food but my taste buds were in heaven.

To start off we had the Fried Yucca which came with a side salad of marinated tomatoes, onions, cilantro and cucumbers which complimented the dish. We also had beef Kabobs which I thought were a little pricey for just 2 skewers. I had the Beef Fettuccine and it was delicious. Most dishes come with fries but our servings were on the greasy side and not really crispy...but we didn't go there for the fries.

They are now in Orem and the new place in nice with glass-stained windows and faux painting adorning the walls.

I have heard it takes awhile to get your food but that was not true for us, but we did go on a Thurs night after dinner time.

2  Thank cutepuertorican