“At first I was skeptical, but Sushi Ya was a good experience.”
Review of Sushi YA

Sushi YA
Ranked #49 of 232 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I went to Sushi Ya for a girls day out lunch. My friend lives in Utah county and recommended Sushi Ya. After reading the reviews I went in with low expectations. When we arrived at the restaurant we were seated right away. Most of us ordered the 14.95 all you can eat sushi option, but one if us ordered off the menu. Some of my favorite rolls were the Godziila, New Jersey And Crystal shrimp roll. The fish tasted fresh and everything was impressive (especially for 14.95). I wouldn't say this is the best sushi I've had, but I would definitely come back.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

They told us they would charge us if we didn't eat at least half of each roll before we left. So we did, in fact we ate more than that with 9 pieces left (out of 6 rolls) and then they said they would charge is for anything over 4 pieces. I don't like liars or being charges when I could have planned better. Go to tsunami for better sushi and better service.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My biggest complaint would be in the seasoning of the sushi rice--it ought to be flavorful--a little bit of sour from rice vinegar, a bit sweet--but not to the point of overpowering the rest of the ingredients. Sushi YA's maki rolls lack in rice flavor. Also, I'd like to see a slight bit less in the ratio of rice to other ingredients. If all-you-can-eat sushi is what you are looking for, I would have to recommend Sakura up the street (which is not the best sushi, either...but, has a slight edge over Sushi YA).

On weekends and other busy nights, plan on waiting more than eating.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I'm no sushi snob, so maybe I just don't get what the two comments below are complaining about, but I thought this place was delicious! I have been twice now for the dinner menu all you can eat, and I think this place is great! Good variety, good taste, and plenty of food!

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I took my wife to Sushi Ya for her birthday and it was a huge mistake. The sushi was terrible. We ordered some rolls that were tempora-style and totally regretted it. The oil that they used was heavy, the rolls were cooked all the way through, and the fish inside of the sushi was minuscule and tasted old and too fishy.

The wasabi at this place was gross too; it was too soft and watered-down, and without its usual strong flavor.

On top of the horrible sushi the service was awful. We were attended by two girls, one was a skinny, young Asian girl, the other was a Caucasian girl with a nose piercing. Both girls were unkind and unfriendly and made us feel unwelcome. They had terrible attitudes, never a smile, and didn't seem to care if we lived or died. These two girls definitely ruined our experience.

I deeply regret and was embarrassed that I took my wife to this place on her birthday, and had to apologize for not doing my research beforehand. We will NEVER return and we will tell everyone we know how horrible this place is.

1  Thank Blazius N