“My favorite restaurant of all time!”
Review of Mimis Cafe Orem

Mimis Cafe Orem
Ranked #140 of 229 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Its hard to explain how much I love this cafe, the food is always perfect to order, the staff is always friendly, professional, and accommodating, and I love the different decor' themes throughout. I can go here for an elegant evening out, or a casual lunch. now if only they'll respond to my emails about opening one in my hometown...

Reviewed April 23, 2009

The bead they bring you is wonderful!

Orem, Utah
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Doesn't matter what I get, I'm only there for the nut bread they bring you at the start.

Reviewed September 24, 2008

Love the soup and the breakfast is great!

Reviewed September 15, 2008

We loved Mimi's. Even with the couple of problems we had that kept it from getting an "excellent," if we lived near Orem we would be among their best customers. It's the kind of place like the scene from Harry Met Sally "I'll have what she's having" only this time it's about the food. Every plate that went by while we were deciding what to order looked tempting. We ended up ordering from the lunch specials. French onion soup, chicken parmesan and jambalaya, all delicious enough to make us look no further for another restaurant in Orem although there are many of them.

The next night I had a migraine and the sweetest waitress, rushed me a glass of water for medication and bread pudding which was the only thing I felt like at the moment. The portion was so enormous that I couldn't finish it. It wasn't quite my mother's bread pudding, but then again whose is? It was still scrumptious. My husband ordered liver and onions and it took a very long time to come from the kitchen. The waitress kept apologizing and telling us what she was doing about it, i.e. yelling. When they arrived the liver and onions were very good and such a generous portion, that my husband had trouble finishing the meal. That is saying something. In the end, the waitress didn't charge us for the meal because it was so late and gave us four complementary muffins as well for our trouble.

Mimis is a gem and appeals to people of all ages. The restaurant was very busy. There was a bunch of too cool young ladies and across from them a group of OAPs. Mimis has something for everybody.

1  Thank althorper