“Superb”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Street
Description: Chef’s Table is an elegant fine dining restaurant featuring modern American cuisine prepared with classical principles and techniques. We feature locally produced ingredients whenever possible. We use Ballard Farms Pork, Morgan Valley Lamb, and seasonal produce when available. Our staff is professional and well trained at taking care of our guests’ needs.
Utah
“Superb”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautifully decorated. Excellent presentation. Had the lobster. It was overcooked. Would have talked to the manager if we hadn't been there with my husband's boss. The service was top notch and I have no doubt they would have made it right. Pricey, but for a special occasion it would be worth it.

Visited January 2012

Spanish Fork, Utah, United States
“First class dining”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

It's a small, intimate restaurant on the Orem hill overlooking Provo and BYU. Managed by a world-class chef, it caters to the fine dining tastes with elegantly prepared dishes in a fine dining setting. The butternut squash soup is wonderful. So are the fish and meat dishes. Stay for desert. The price is fine dining prices with a Provo-area sensibility deduction.

Visited November 2011
Lindon, Utah
“Fine dining in UT Co? some high and lows”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Chef's Table impressed on some levels and disappointed on others. Note: this will be a long review because I have strong feelings on the subject of food, lol.

First, the decor and ambiance were ok; about what I expected with a few loose ends. (This review was written in June so it was still daylight when we arrived.) The place was smokey when we got there as if they had just had a melt-down in the kitchen. That is easily overlooked, but if one notices the little things and is used to a fine-dining experience in a large city you might say it was a little shabby. For instance, we were seated in the back room with the view and I was against the windows with a view of a large mirror that reflected mostly a nice array of heavy windex streaks. Trivial maybe, but hey- this is a fine dining experience, right? Other details like that cheapened the experience a bit for me.

The food was very hit-or-miss as well. To give proper dues, the marriage of balsamic, pesto jus and excellent fresh mozzerella in the Fresh Mozz & Vine-ripened Tomato dish had me on cloud nine and expecting wonderful things to come. The greens were over-salted but I could still return every day just for that dish and be the happiest woman alive. The next course, Organic Wild Mushroom Ravioli, because I am veggie and love wild mushrooms, was up and down. The ravioli themselves had little flavor and came in a thick, oily sauce that had me craving Olive Garden. Scattered amongst that sea of bland were the most surprisingly delicious, bursting with flavor sun-dried tomatoes I have ever encountered; another heavenly moment. I ordered coffee after dinner and it was truly horrid, but I chugged down a few cups anyway since I was with very slow eaters and was getting drowsy from the heavy meal. I'm almost positive it was decaf.

I feel I am only qualified to report objectively on my own meal, but I can say that both people I was with ordered the Steak Frites. They reported the Parmesan-Truffle fries as excellent and I snuck a few and can attest. However, being true Ut Co. folk they were too shy to admit that the steak, cooked med-rare, had tough spots that made it hard to finish. They may have done better to order the medallions, as I think Sirloin can tend to be though? Both reported that their non-alcoholic flavored lemonades were too sweet and they are well-accustomed to overly sweetened drinks.

I didn't order dessert, but my table-mates did and I sampled a few bites out of curiousity. I would not recommend the Sorbet with Fresh Berries or the Macadamia-crusted Cheesecake unless you want to spend money on a so-so dessert. Although the fresh berries were ripe and excellent, the sorbet was overly sweet and left unfinished. The cheesecake was just, meh...

While the entire menu was suffused with fresh, top-quality ingredients and was pleasingly plated, there were some lows that would make me consider this restaurant not worth the money. Service was adequate, but not stunning. If you are on the fence, go for lunch when the prices are more on par with the experience. Overall, we spent around $120.00, minus tip, for three people. It may just depend on the dishes ordered, but for this price, in this area, I feel the experience should be a little more consistent.

So, that's my review. If you've made it this far, thanks for your time and I hope the information was at least helpful. ;)

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank J B
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Great Service Great View”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Excellent view made a great meal very special. Attentive service and a great menu.

Visited January 2012
New Jersey
“New York foodie finds gem in Orem UT”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My colleagues and I were shocked when we came to Orem for a conference, expecting to suffer through mediocre meals, and discovered the magic of Chef's Table. The service, atmosphere and food made we three new York foodies wish we could return weekly. The chef offered us a caprese salad adorned with the reddest of tomatoes and creamiest of mozzarella while my friends waited for their onion soups to be prepared. The crusts were golden and nutty gruyiere over a rich veal stock. Hands down the best onion soup any of us has ever had. I had a tuna tartar appetizer special that dazzled with accompanying avacado ginger mouse, ponzu souce and Serrano chile cream that each highlighted the freshness of the tuna. My artic char entree had the crispest of skin that set off the tender meat and ever so rare center. Perfection. One of my friends had a moist meaty Halibut perfectly crusted in macadamia nuts. We were presented with maple glazed carrots for the table that were crisp tender and heavenly. I wish we had saved room for dessert and that Ut were closer to home. Might be worth the airfare to return for another amazing meal.

2 Thank AbbyScoop