“A nice buffet, a bit pricey but includes your drink”
Review of Chuck-a-Rama

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We hadn't been to Chuck-A-Rama for many years because we usually choose Golden Corral if we want a buffet-type meal. We were pleasantly surprised. We were there on Italian night and all the Italian dishes were delicious - almost as good as my homemade versions. The salad bar had tons of choices and lots of dressing choices - more than Golden Corral. Meats and sides were plentiful too. The pot roast was probably our favorite but the turkey breast was also tender and tasty. I felt the dessert choices were not up to par. I had little bites of several things to see if I wanted to go back for more but I didn't, none of them enticed me. As I write this I can't even remember the desserts - not memorable at all. Overall, I'd go again. My husband liked that drinks were included in the price but I'm not a drink person so that doesn't matter to me. One thing I did like was our wait person was very attentive. All he did was clear plates but he offered to get drinks for us.

1  Thank Kaye N
There are newer reviews for Chuck-a-Rama

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We used to visit Chuck-A-Rama when I was a kid. I decided to go with my own family after we moved to Utah. The food was really not that good, except the hot scones and honey butter. And it costs way too much money for the quality of the food. My husband thinks it's a terrible restaurant and we only go when my family comes into town because of the good memories we have.

1  Thank katellis
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had not been to a Chuck-a-Rama for many decades and don't usually go to buffet restaurants, but decided to do so when company was here for the holidays and couldn't decided on a particular restaurant so made the choice to try this one in Orem. Although it was a crowded Friday night at dinner hour and our party of 8 arrived at different times, we were seated quickly and everything went well. The food was very good and there is a good variety to please everyone. The server was outstanding and were were very satisfied with our choice.

1  Thank Gary W
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have eaten at other Chuck-a-Rama's in Utah and have loved their food. At this location the food was awful! When I first got there I went to get a plate from the salad bar. It had been through the dishwasher yet was still covered with cheese sauce. I gave this plate to an employee and she did apologize. Then I got a salad to eat, as I was eating a piece of broccoli I noticed my mouth was full of dirt. They apparently don't wash their broccoli. Next I tried the roasted turkey. It was overcooked and dry not tender like I have had at other places. For dessert I picked a center piece of brownie and it looked very delectable. Again I was wrong, it was dry and hard. I went there on a Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. There wasn't very many people there and I can see why. You would think at that time of night on a weeknight the food should be fresh. It cost $12 a person. You could easily get a much better meal somewhere else for that price.

1  Thank p56789
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Sometimes you just wanna eat at a place where you can look around and feel better than all the other people. And if the mall food court is too noisy for you, I recommend Chuck-a-Rama. Tuesday taco night is a special perk!

1  Thank robbieXpierce