“Great Restaurant.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Savory Thai
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Orem
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Savory Thai offers authentic Thai food to its customers. We used fresh ingredients and herbs to create a nice scent for our food. Welcome to Savory Thai and we will be glad to serve.
“Great Restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

This place has nearly everything I value in a restaurant. Lots of variety (both across cultures: French, Thai, American, across meal categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner all day long, and across your palate: deserts aren't just an afterthought after the main meal).

It's also very comfortable (nice design, clean). And as an added bonus, it's inexpensive as compared to the typical cost of most restaurants.

I think the only thing they could do better is to improve the location, and add a few more slightly sophisticated herbs and flavors to a few products. Of course this would go against my appreciation of their value proposition.

In fact, I would suggest that they pick a few of their most popular products and specialize in these, rather than offering as much variety (even though this goes against my love a variety), because the couple running this place has created a really nice restaurant experience that I love, and I want to make sure that they don't spend all of their capital on inventory, and will be around for a long time to come. :)

Give it a try, if you like it, take your friends for lunch, I doubt you'll regret it if you like crepes and breakfast food.

• Visited December 2013

“Great food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and it is a great experience every time. I highly recommend the buffalo chicken pasta. The owners are super nice people that are willing to share their honest opinion on the food they make and answer any questions you might have. I will continue to come here because of the great good, atmosphere, and service.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“It was fine, not fabulous.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were in the area looking for a place to eat when I decided to check TripAdvisor. We'd driven past this restaurant but turned around since it was rated #1. It was 8:30 on a Friday night and for a while we were the only ones in the restaurant.

I decided on a Teriyaki Chicken Crepe ($7.50) but I wanted to add swiss chees. The woman who took our order (I assume it was the owner) wouldn't allow me to add the cheese because she said it wouldn't taste right. I don't like tomatoes or onions so I ordered it without those two things. When it arrived it had onions and was missing the lettuce. I picked out the onions and had them on the side of my plate when she came to check on us. She didn't seem to care that it wasn't what I ordered. I was also disappointed because it only had a few pieces of chicken (I thought it would be stuffed).

My husband had the Buffalo Chicken Crepe and said it was good ($8.30).

Both savory crepes came with crispy potato wedges.

My husband also ordered an Oreo Chocolate Cream Cone-Shaped Dessert Crepe ($5). It was a crepe filled with whipped cream and Oreo pieces and had chocolate drizzled over the top but I didn't see any chocolate cream.

Overall, I won't go out of my way to go to Savory & Sweet but my husband said he would.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I have gone back to this place several times and it never gets old. I love the buffalo chicken pasta ! I recommend you check this family friendly restaurant out. They have been very accommodating when I have asked for food to go when busy at work. I highly highly recommend this place.

Orem, Utah
“This is really clean nice restaurant. The food is fresh and wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The crepes and variety make this a great stop. The owner is nice friendly and very aware of your presence. This is not fast food pushy order and next. The Style is more of being at a nice clean Establishment with some class. We want to enjoy your visit and you enjoy the food.But the food is simply delightful. Good people good food good atmosphere. Take a minute to smell the roses this is one of them.

• Visited October 2013