“Some of the Best”

Thai Drift
Ranked #42 of 231 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friend kept telling me about Thai Drift and finally took my arm and said, "We Are Going." I have been partial to another Thai Restaurant in town. I have to say, I was not disappointed. I found the food to be excellent in preparation and the servings were abundant. I will be going back... even when my friend is not with me.

Service was a bit slow but they were busy and the food was worth the wait.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am not the biggest Thai food fan, but have found myself visiting Thai Drift a couple of times each month. Their lunch specials are under $6 and they have the right amount of food. I love their Massaman curry and their pumpkin curry. The restaurant is pretty small and so there can be a wait at times depending on what time you show up. I have yet to have a poor experience eating here and that's why I continue to come back. If you are looking for Thai Food in Orem, you really should give Thai Drift a shot.

2  Thank Mea37
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ok, they really don't deserve 5 stars, but they deserve it for Orem.

The lunch portions are smallish, but good for those of us who usually overeat.

I recommend, the Pho. Yeah weird, but it's better than all the other places around. I think they call it Rice Noodle Soup (Guay Teow), but it's Pho.

I've been to Thailand three times. This place is not as awesome, but a decent substitute for a taste. For example, Pad si wu should be served w Chinese broccoli, not American. So just little things like that which take away the authenticity, but make it better for the Cafe Rio'ers.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been to this restaurant for both lunch and dinner, and have purchased take-out. Every dish I have tried has been flavorful, with a good kick of spice. Service has been friendly and attentive in all instances. Decor is pleasant, employing the usual Thai restaurant touches.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Thai Drift is a relatively new, small restaurant tucked back in a shopping complex on the corner of 1600 and State Street in Orem. It can be easy to miss if you don't know where to look. Inside you are treated to a quite attractive interior space. Walls are painted a warm tan and adorned with Thai decorations, giving this restaurant a more upscale feel than is typical for most Thai restaurants. Music was very low (too low, frankly). Lighting was a little off --- our table placed us directly under a flood light which was a little bit of a downer.

On a recent Friday evening visit we arrived to a nearly empty restaurant, but by 6:45 pm the restaurant was filled to capacity with a mix of couples and a few families. Unfortunately, when full the restaurant is very loud. I am not sure why, as there is carpeting on the floor, which usually buffers sound, but it was a little bit of a distraction. Atmosphere for decor is four stars, but because of the noise issue, I'd give it three stars over all.

Our order was taken quickly and food arrived very promptly. There is no beer or wine, but the Thai tea was good. Overall, the food was very good. We particularly enjoyed the pumpkin curry, which is a lovely creamy gold color -- very aromatic and slightly sweet. The larb was good, but pretty spicy (and we ordered medium spice).

This is one of the better Thai restaurants that we've tried in Utah Valley. Definitely worth another visit.