“Best BBQ in Utah (or the world)”
Review of Five Star BBQ Co

Five Star BBQ Co
Ranked #6 of 228 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Admittedly, we started going to Five Star BBQ five weeks ago and have literally eaten at least one meal there every week. The meat is always extremely tender (fall off the bone, melt in your mouth, every foodie colloquialism you can think of) and the sides are delicious as well (seriously get the coleslaw). The only downside (and this is probably an upside for them) is that every time we've been in, they've been out of either one or two meats and a few of the sides. I'd recommend calling ahead and seeing what they've actually got the smoked sausage in (we've yet to try it). Otherwise, it's clean, casual, and full of amazing food at excellent prices.

There are newer reviews for Five Star BBQ Co

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went on a Saturday at 1ish. There was another group there when we arrived and one more came as we left. They pulled fresh pork out, but didn't have the chicken available yet. My husband had the brisket and pork. I had the pulled 1/4 lb. pork sandwich. The house sauce was fantastic and they had several additional flavors available. I kept adding it to my sandwich. The brisket was a little on the wet side, but that was probably just the piece my husband got. The smoke flavors in the meat were wonderful and my husband especially enjoyed the brisket burnt ends. We both had Brunswick stew and potato salad for our sides. My husband loves the stew. I was full by the time I got to the potato salad, but finished it off because it was so good and fresh - with big pieces of potatoes and eggs. It was seasoned just lightly, but perfectly to complement the heavy flavors of the meat.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Located in an odd part of town, Five Star has food worth going back for. The brisket and pulled pork are divine. Even the sides are good. And today, I said I wanted cole slaw for my side, then changed my mind and asked for beans. I got both, no extra charge. That is service!!

The restaurant has basically no decor at all. It's really pretty bland and could use someone's keen, creative eye to add some fun things to the walls (like my daughter who is a set designer). Since the food is so good, you are really paying attention to what's in front of you but it would be nice to look up and see some Texas-type stuff on the walls to enhance the Texas-type meat eating experience! I've eaten and reviewed several brisket places in Utah valley and Five Star has some of the best brisket I've had. And I lived 10 years in Texas so I know my brisket.

A year or so ago our staff at the local college newspaper even did a taste test of brisket from various restaurants. Students from Texas vied for the opportunity to taste test the meats and Five Star won! So ambiance or not, go eat there!!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to place Saturday 2pm based on TA reviews. So bummed when we tried to first order sausage, then ribs, and then homemade chips-they were "OUT". Ordered brisket and pulled pork they were both tasty but a little too fatty. Cornbread & honey butter was fabulous, Mac & cheese were nice & creamy, coleslaw was really fresh & yummy. A bit pricey for the portion. Had to feed my teenage son an hour later again. Good but not great!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Took my son and 9 of his closest friends there for lunch. The brisket is awesome, so is the stew and the slaw. Will definitely go there again!