“One of our favorite restaurants! 5 stars!”
Review of Cafe Rio

Cafe Rio
Ranked #7 of 226 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One of our favorite restaurants! 5 stars!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We absolutely love Cafe Rio. My husband always gets the award-winning Pork Barbocoa salad and I love the fideos (Friday only special in Orem), grilled chicken salad, and coconut shrimp tacos. We always go to Orem so I can get Stevia-sweetened sugarfree Strawberry Lemonade--my favorite! Yummy, fresh, and delicious. Watch out for the famous green tomatillo dressing--you'll be addicted soon. :)

• Visited April 2012

Utah
“One of the Best Managed and Highest Quality Cafe Rio Restaurants Around!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

In direct contrast to the poorly managed Cafe Rio in Cedar City, this location in Orem, Utah is top notch! The managers are energetic and friendly every time we have gone in the place. They act like they actually love serving you fresh, great-tasting Mexican food, in huge portions, with a smile and great conversation. They keep the place clean and the employees happy, which translates into a great dining experience all the way around. Sure, you can pick up some Taco Bell, or some other junk Mexican food, but when you are ready to take your taste buds to the next level, drop in on the magical Mexican food performances going on at the Orem, Utah Cafe Rio! From the artisans who orchestrate the grilling of the fresh tortillas on the large, hot carousel until they are golden brown, to the way the manager himself performed like an exquisite knife juggler slicing up the fire-grilled steak for my favorite quesadilla, they demonstrate they are committed to high quality and customer satisfaction at this location. I go out of my way to eat here whenever I am in town... And you can grab a good price on a lathe at the Harbor Freight next door!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Daniel G
Petaluma, California
“Utah's (semi) equivalent of In-N-Out”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This place has got to be the most overpriced place in Utah. I remember one of my mission companions having his mom send him a salad deconstructed and placed in separate baggies!

My biggest problem with the place isn't really the restaurants fault, it's the people who suggest this place if I say I want mexican food! It is in no way mexican food. It is straight up fresh mex...Americanized mexican food to the max.

The good thing is that it is pretty good at doing what it does. Their salads and tostada (basically a small salad that will fill any grown adult) are the way to go.

People in Utah swear by this place, so it's always busy. The last time I intended on going to the Provo location (I do like it) I ended up going to JCW's because the line was so long.

• Visited April 2011
“Crazy delicious food”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Everything on the menu at Cafe Rio is amazing. If you have never eaten there, you are missing out on some of the best Mexican food in the world. I especially recommend their sweet pork burritos and salads.

• Visited January 2011