“Disgusting!!!”

THE CHOCOLATE: a dessert cafe
Ranked #13 of 15 Dessert in Orem
Good for: Special occasions
Description: The Chocolate merges scratch-baked dessert in a comfortable ambiance to provide a unique and enjoyable dessert experience. Our cafe in Orem has 7 dining rooms in a remodeled historic mansion built in 1909. Each room has its own feel, and unique mixture of furniture and art.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Horrible will never go back...go to kneaders!...got the fruit tart and the mandarin orange tasted like straight up alcohol! the filling was sandy and everything else we got was not tasty at all, uh, gag, i think i just had a little throw up come up in my mouth just thinking about it!

1  Thank larau30

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I took my family to this place for a different experience in desserts. Not only it was expensive, the Cazookies were not fully cooked. I was told that I could ask to have the cookie fully cooked. Unfortunately, the people didn't warn me when I placed the order. I don't recommend it.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have to say, finding this sweets bakery was a real find. It's in an old converted Victorian house. they make it quite cozy with little rooms to dine in all over the house.

The sweets are wonderful. They make the most amazing cakes--the Cherub (chocolate with buttercream frosting) is my favorite. But they are all good. They have cupcakes, brownies, lemon bars, strawberry shortcake (seasonally) and more. They even have a Cazookie, a giant hot cookie made in a skillet to share with friends. All their treats are delcious.

BUT....they have outgrown themselves and are not hiring the staff to keep up. They're open quite late, and if you go in the evening after dinner, you're likely to run into a big lin. And even after waiting 10-15 minutes to order, you'll wait another 15 to get your treats brought to you. In my opinion, that is just too long to wait for a slice of cake and a glass of milk! They need to hire more people to work the front counter and serve them.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Good atmosphere, fun space to eat in, and great cakes. I'm not a big cake man, but I can usually go for the chocolate just because of the experience.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

At the end of a 2-day business trip I had dinner at Five Star BBQ and then headed here to The Chocolate for desert. The choices included 5 different cakes from velvet to vanilla to chocolate, one called the "husband" and various cupcakes as well as a pumpkin cookie -- all looked like high-quality deserts, none of which I tried. What caught my eye was something completely different on the menu board: The Sweet Potato ($6.25). Yes, it is exactly what you'd think. It took 15 minutes for them to make it, but worth the wait. Sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar, I think, topped with vanilla ice cream. The big glass of milk ($2) I got with it ended up being too much for my belly to handle, especially after the bbq dinner, but I did my best to finish the desert itself. Freshly baked and sweetened and concocted to make this a desert, not anything that resembled a thanksgiving side-dish. The ice cream was fresh and melting into the desert. The ambiance was a little funky with seating in a house-like fashion with upstairs and down options, music, and wireless internet. I hung out for an hour watching some sports highlights that I needed to catch up on. Great place.