“Perfect for your sweet tooth”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chocolate

The Chocolate
Ranked #12 of 15 Dessert in Orem
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Description: The Chocolate's goal is to combine quality dessert with a comfortable ambiance to provide a unique and enjoyable "dessert experience". Our cafe in Orem has 7 dining rooms in a remodeled historic mansion built in 1909. Each room has their own feel, and unique mixture of furniture and art.
“Perfect for your sweet tooth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

We came with a large group and took over one of the charming rooms in the upstairs of a small gingerbread house. We had heard good things about the fresh-baked-cookie with vanilla ice cream dish and we were not disappointed. Wow! Tasted homemade and perfect with a frosted glass of milk. It look about 30 minutes to get our order on a busy Saturday night but worth the wait.

“It was alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We dropped in just to check it out and the service is pretty rough. No greeting no smiles just a "what do you want". I should have turned around then. The treats were okay and the coffee taste old. I won't be stopping by again anytime soon.

2 Thank rnasadie
Utah
“The most moist cake ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

The Chocolate is a cute little quite house located on busy state street in Orem and is such a sweet treat! I was not very happy with the lack of customer service and the mini Chocolate cupcake with Carmel topping that was super dry and way too sweet the first time I went in no one asked or I would have told them. Luckily I gave it another shot or I would give it a bad review. The second, third and forth time I went there I was super impressed their full sized Cakes are too good! My husband and I both are in love with their Husband Cake a yellow cake with Chocolate frosting p.s. I usually hate yellow cake this is so moist and delicious!!!! Their mini cupcakes are a hit and miss. Their cupcakes just ok the Lemon Curd was my favorite.Their full sized cakes a hit every time and will keep me coming back for sure. Great little fruit tarts and cookies too. Over all a GREAT place to have a date or girls night and enjoy a slice of cake sit back and relax in their many decorated rooms.

• Visited December 2011
Houston, Texas
“a sweet treat not to be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Such a fun place. Casual spot to hang out with friends and the desserts were to die for. Had the chocolate cake and the kitty katrina. Both delish!

• Visited August 2011
Dubuque, Iowa
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Visited The Chocolate while awaiting dinner reservations at Pizzeria 712, located nearby, with a group of 5. Exceptional premium specialty desserts. Location is a historic Victorian home restored and adapted for use as an eclectic dessert cafe. Full of fun casual dining arrangements in rooms throughout the house, filled with art and other pieces. Atmosphere similar to a local original coffee house, and it is easy to see why it is one of the most popular hangouts in Utah Valley most evenings. The selection of cakes and other desserts is modest, but the quality and taste enjoyment was excellent.

• Visited August 2011