“Great looking hotel but was disappointed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We arrived after dark and checked in. The hotel, itself, looks great from the outside and the entry is great. Actually, our room was nice BUT after checking in and getting settled in, I found a couple of staples ( that looked like they were from a automatic stapler) and a drill bit on the floor when I went to sit at the desk. I almost stepped on them. Then, I looked more carefully and found dog hair on the rug that was NOT from our dog as she doesn't have long hair. My husband took the staples and drill bit down to the clerk and he just gave him a look like...hmmm. Then, after I moved a chair, I found a dog toy (again, not our dog's) and so I took that down to the front desk. Then, when I went to take a shower, I noticed that the kleenex box was stuffed full of used kleenex (something I would think the cleaning crew would have noticed). Also, there was a used wash cloth hanging over the shower curtain. Needless to say, I took photos of these two things and walked down to the front desk and said, "Ok, I don't think your cleaning crew did much more than make the bed in this room as the rug wasn't vacuumed and I can't believe they didn't notice a dirty wash cloth or tissue that was used in the tissue holder". He noted it and said he was sorry and took 10% off our bill. Although, I appreciate the fact he did something....I would have been horrified if I was an employee of this motel and saw those photos. The room itself was 'clean?' and the bed was comfortable...but I couldn't help but wonder if the sheets had even been changed after my other experiences. We were exhausted after driving all day so had no other choice than to just get through this experience. We were not even offered another room.....sad! We won't be staying here again. I was a little hesitant to stay in any other LaQuintas after this experience and our AAA had booked us for several for this trip....but we weren't disappointed in the others. I must say this is a nice enough town, had a great view of Salt Lake off in the distance and the mountains...but wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out your room FIRST!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pawsnstamp
VICTOR S, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Pawnstamp

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

La Quinta Inn of Orem
Victor Soni (G.M)
La Quinta North Orem
lq0442gm@laquinta.com
801-235-9555

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Reviewed November 23, 2013

First the internet was nonfunctional, even the night clerk was poaching a connection from the local Home Depot. Which I could not get in the old beat up room. It looked as if the door had been forced in, the beds were from hell they slumped ten to fifteen inches. the refrigerator did not get cold and the walls could have been made out of an Indian tee pee canvas. I could hear people fart and people whispering They were so kind after I complained that they give me a whopping ten percent off. I had stayed the night before at the airport La Quinta and that was a great place to stay. The clerk was very nice and the rooms quite and clean the beds were very good . I expected the same from this one and it fell very short. The only thing missing were the bed bugs.

Room Tip: If checking into a La Quinta you must ask to check the rooms I have stayed at many and they are good...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

801-235-9555

Reviewed November 23, 2013

1  Thank 148blakem
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I flew in to Salt Lake on a business trip. My flight was just horrible because our connecting flight was delayed - I did not arrive until 9pm and i was due to arrive at 3pm. I called for a pick up by the hotels shuttle and it was literally there within minutes - the only person that was actually on time. The driver was also polite. When we arrived that the hotel to my surprise I was already checked in...I asked the clerk how was this possible she said that she could sense the frustration in my voice over the phone and asked for my name when i requested the pick up - all i have to do was sign in and pick up my keys. Again one less stressful thing to worry about. My room was clean and as I stepped in the heat automatically came on - very nice touch. I left my bags at the door and went to the lobby where I saw a restaurant and a bar. The place was packed...people talking the bartender was on the move all the tables were full and the food smelled so good - I sat the the bar and ordered the Chicken Pot Pie - at first I thought it was gonna be a small little pie but when it got to me I thought well WOW am I actually that hungry - I have to say that it went well with their Castle Creek Chardonnay...after once glass I bought the bottle...It was very smooth combination. I chatted with a few locals and had a great time - It was a perfect ending to a horrible day

Room Tip: King bed rooms have more space
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank William R
A La Quinta traveler
Henderson, Nevada, USA
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very nice front desk folks, but rooms need an update. If your coming in from the south catch the LQ Inn on university avenue which is about 4 miles south of the Orem LQ Inn. Room had an old smokers smell to it and the furniture could use an update, although the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo