We arrived after dark and checked in. The hotel, itself, looks great from the outside and the entry is great. Actually, our room was nice BUT after checking in and getting settled in, I found a couple of staples ( that looked like they were from a automatic stapler) and a drill bit on the floor when I went to sit at the desk. I almost stepped on them. Then, I looked more carefully and found dog hair on the rug that was NOT from our dog as she doesn't have long hair. My husband took the staples and drill bit down to the clerk and he just gave him a look like...hmmm. Then, after I moved a chair, I found a dog toy (again, not our dog's) and so I took that down to the front desk. Then, when I went to take a shower, I noticed that the kleenex box was stuffed full of used kleenex (something I would think the cleaning crew would have noticed). Also, there was a used wash cloth hanging over the shower curtain. Needless to say, I took photos of these two things and walked down to the front desk and said, "Ok, I don't think your cleaning crew did much more than make the bed in this room as the rug wasn't vacuumed and I can't believe they didn't notice a dirty wash cloth or tissue that was used in the tissue holder". He noted it and said he was sorry and took 10% off our bill. Although, I appreciate the fact he did something....I would have been horrified if I was an employee of this motel and saw those photos. The room itself was 'clean?' and the bed was comfortable...but I couldn't help but wonder if the sheets had even been changed after my other experiences. We were exhausted after driving all day so had no other choice than to just get through this experience. We were not even offered another room.....sad! We won't be staying here again. I was a little hesitant to stay in any other LaQuintas after this experience and our AAA had booked us for several for this trip....but we weren't disappointed in the others. I must say this is a nice enough town, had a great view of Salt Lake off in the distance and the mountains...but wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn of Orem is conveniently located just east of I-15 on 800 North, the La Quinta Inn of Orem offers a relaxing, comfortable stay in addition to access to several of Utah Valley attractions. Just minutes away are Brigham Young University, Utah Valley University and UCCU event center at UVU where numerous events are held. Visit the close by shops of Riverwoods, Park City and University Mall. Enjoy the entertainment, shopping, and dining venues of Thanksgiving Point. Take the whole family to Extreme Fun Center and Seven Peaks Water Park. It is only a quick drive to Cascade Golf Course, Sundance Ski Resort, and Utah Lake State Park. And the exciting venues of downtown Salt Lake City are only 38 miles north. Also located close by is the Timpanogos Regional Hospital. Take advantage of the free wireless high-speed Internet access, 24-hour front desk assistance, a well-equipped fitness center, refreshing indoor swimming pool and spa,and much more. Enjoy of our free Bright Side Breakfast featuring Carbon's self-made waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages served each morning of your stay. Every room in the La Quinta Inn of Orem has a new Samsung Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD along with a microwave, refrigerator, a hair dryer, coffee maker, and many other extras. We have rooms that are handicap assessable and suites with a soothing and comfortable Jacuzzi. This is also a pet friendly hotel.Feel like dining out for dinner? No Problem! La Quinta Inn is near a variety of appetizing and delightful restaurants including Carrabba's Italian Grill, Denny's, Magelby's Restaurant, Romano's Macaroni and Grill, Asian Panda, Subway, Milagros Mexican restaurant, Caferio Mexican Grill, Costa Vida Mexican Grill, Kohinoor Indian Cuisine, New Chinese Gourmet, Panda Express, Zupas restaurant , Chili's Grill & Bar, Chuck A Rama Buffet, Golden Corral Buffet and Grill, Outback Steak House, Texas Roadhouse, P F Chang's China Bistro, Sizzler, and Tucanos Brazilian Grill. We highly recommend trying Sundance Dining located at the Sundance Ski Resort. You will not regret choosing the La Quinta Inn of Orem. We always offer our best value rates and are at your service. A memorable, comfortable and relaxing stay is just a reservation away! La Quinta Returns is the guest program that rewards you with fast rewards, fast top-tier status, and members-only benefits for your stays at La Quinta Inns & Suites locations across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. La Quinta Returns gives you the most generous tier bonuses and bonus point opportunities, plus low reward levels starting at just 6,000 Points. You can earn free nights or other great rewards after just a few nights! Members are more than welcome at the La Quinta in Orem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Of Orem / Provo North Hotel Orem
- Orem La Quinta
- La Quinta Orem
- La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem Utah