“Clean, friendly staff and great view!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel has a beautiful view and it has restaurant nearby. The rooms were very clean. The hotel has many facilities such as gym, pool, and spa. I would highly recommend this place and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
VICTOR S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Orem - Provo North La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stopped by at la Quinta, had a great experience, we got here at middle of the night, ladie at the front desk was really nice and helped my wife with the bags to the room, they also have a gym, looks like a new property, I'll love to visit this property on my trip back.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I drove 12 hours to this hotel from California and the foreign guy who works at the front desk claimed that I did not have a reservation, when in fact I gave him the confirmation number...I had my boss call him to get things straightens out, once I arrived he claimed it wasn't under my name, but some random guy. My boss emailed me the confirmation with my name on the room and he was still very unhelpful. After all the check in nightmare I placed a do not disturb sign on my door this morning, because I just drove 12 hours and I needed to sleep in...low and behold the maids do not understand what "do not disturb means!" the maid enters the room as I am still asleep and wakes me up! I'm pissed to say the least. I will never recommend this hotel or stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Jennifer760
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose this hotel because we were traveling with our 2 dogs and the other Orem LaQuinta was sold out. We reserved large suite with a Jacuzzi tub. When I checked in, I was told there would a pet fee. I complained that I had never before been charged a pet fee at LaQuinta, It did not matter. The hotel's website does not state there is a fee.
When we got to our large suite, I noticed that the usual complement of furniture was missing. Normally there is a sofa and sometimes an extra chair and a second TV. All we had was a large area with no furniture. What were we supposed to do with the extra room, if there was no furniture. I had planned to watch my favorite college team on ESPN. The Inn advertises "NEW! 39 inch Flat Screen HD TVs" and "Premium Cable Channels." They may have new HD TVs, but the TV signal is an extremely bad standard definition and they have only the minimum basic channels with no ESPN. One could hardly see the TV images, because they were quite fuzzy with lots of snow.
There seems to be a culture of cost reduction by management and/or owners regardless of the customer's wishes and LaQuinta's standards. The power to the automatic front door had been turned off to reduce power consumption. Even the refrigeration on the breakfast juice machine had been cut off. It would have probably been a health code violation, if they had been serving anything remotely like real juice. There was only one luggage cart for the entire hotel. The trash cans outside the hotel had not been emptied in days and were overflowing with trash and cigarettes. I could go on, but hopefully you see the picture here. You have been warned.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel was very conveniently located to the Timpanogos Hospital where we had our mother. It was clean, comfortable and the employees where friendly. I notice some people rate hotels by a small bad experience but in reality this one as to others, when I stay at a hotel I rate by overall experience as to price paid. If I needed a hotel in this area again I would definitely use this one. Not a breakfast eater so I have no comment on their breakfast.

Room Tip: Good is always relative, it mostly is decided on expectations and ones own attitude.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was nice enough, clean, the bed was comfortable. It had a mini fridge and microwave as well as coffee in the room. The breakfast was quite good. you make your own waffles, and there are scrambled eggs and sausage as well as the usual cereals. Got a better price online than calling in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indyfan31
lq0442gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012