“Nice room, good breakfast.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was nice enough, clean, the bed was comfortable. It had a mini fridge and microwave as well as coffee in the room. The breakfast was quite good. you make your own waffles, and there are scrambled eggs and sausage as well as the usual cereals. Got a better price online than calling in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indyfan31
lq0442gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked and paid for two rooms for arriving guests of our University, but management wouldn't give us the keys "for security reasons". Our instructions were to tell the guests to "tell the desk clerk you're here with (school name)". When the guests arrived the desk person said he couldn't find the reservation and told the guests we had no rooms for them. They in turn called me so I went to the hotel myself to meet the guests and find out what was wrong. When I got to the lobby a young lady on staff was preoccupied with what sounded like a personal cell-phone converation by the couch; the desk clerk tried to find the reservation for the rooms after I repeated how the rooms were booked and that the rooms had already been paid for. After five to 10 minutes of haggling with the desk clerk, the young lady on the sell phone slowly walks over behind the befuddled desk clerk and hands him the two room keys, for our two rooms. I asked the the desk clerk to have the manager call me in the morning, and gave him my business card. The manager never called me back, so I went back to the hotel to discuss the issue with the manager. He never apologized for the mistake, but instead said, "I'll have to verify what you're saying with my staff" (who all appeared to be his relatives). Obviously, he never got back to me. Not the way to run a business!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Find somewhere else so that you don't have to suffer from atrocious custom...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I want to let you know that Ms. Soni was extremely helpful and accomadating.
We were sent to the wrong La Quinta. We ere actually booked at the University La Quinta.

Ms. Soni was kind enough to help us cancel the one in University and offered a room at this hotel. We were very tired and frustrated since this is the second time we have been sent to the wrong location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I, just visited salt lake this July, we stayed At Orem LaQuinta, it was great value. The staff was very nice and really helpful. The room was really clean and nice new beds. They also service nice, hot, breakfast in the morning the lake is 10 mins away.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel offers a reasonable price for a suite and is pet-friendly.
It was easy to store six large suitcases and three carry-on ones in the two spacious rooms.Despite the pets allowed,it was very clean and there were no barking dogs.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable,so we could rest during the night,but only with the windows closed.Otherwise there was a noise from the street we could hear.
The thing we disliked the most was the breakfast: very limited choice and quantity.The receptionist was also serving the breakfast,so every time the bread or coffee was over,people had to go and tell the receptionist,so it could be replenished.People felt like they had to beg for food!The trash bins were overflowing,so it was not a nice picture! Oh,and the coffee maker was moved to the breakfast area from the lobby for breakfast,then moved back! You will rarely see this anywhere.The poor breakfast service is the main reason I am giving such a low rating to this hotel. La Quinta management should pay special attention to this issue.
The internet was free and every time you turn on your PC,you had to log in and that took a couple of minutes.Sometimes in the middle of your browsing the connection would be lost,so you had to do it all over again.
Finally,I would go back to this chain only if I have no other choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our first time staying at a La Quinta after hearing they were supposed to be "one of the best" hotel chains to stay in. Let's just say, this was one of the worst hotels we ever stayed at. Upon check in, the clerk seemed to be annoyed that, as if I interrupted whatever she was doing in the back office. Though the room was clean, it had a faint smell of cigarettes, even though we were in a non-smoking room. After using the toilet, we discovered it would not flush properly and had to call for a plunger. The plunger was brought promptly, but handed to me and told to "have fun". No, they did not offer to fix it!! Needless, we had to use the plunger almost every time. Our teenage son nearly got locked/stuck in the bathroom, the door handle was broken and we ended up using a washcloth to prevent getting stuck inside. It was noisy in the hallway and we heard every step of the people upstairs from us. The airconditioner was noisy every time it turned on and kept me up most of the night. The so called breakfast was also the worst we have ever encountered. La Quinta claims a "100% guarantee of satisfaction", HA, I left my review at the hotel and I sent an e-mail of our experience. All I received was a e-mail back stating they "fixed" the problems and that "they hope we will come back soon". THere is NO WAY we will ever book another night with La Quinta.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lakys123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Fairfield Inn & Suites Provo Orem
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem? Share your experiences!