“Disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cross street: State Street
Utah
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was so excited to get some brick oven pizza and especially since my favorite is a Margherita I couldn's wait. The pizzeria is easy to find and pretty funky and cool. When we arrived, we ordered our pizza to go since we were headed over to Scera. They were not busy (about 3 tables filled) and the staff was friendly. The unfortunate part was we took the pizza and left for the park. When we opened the box at the park, the whole pizza was burned black. Seriously, all black. Not Cool. Obviously it was not a big deal to stick a burned pizza in a box and call it good. So Sad. Don't think we will return and that is a big bummer because we really love good authentic pizza.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tinaray107

Centerville, UT
“Frou-Frou Comes to Happy Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

A few nits aside, an excellent restaurant. First, the nits. Ice water would be nice, as would a salad option less than $10, and olive oil at the table. I know it's expensive, but find a good house olive oil and charge for the premium stuff, if at all. Don't charge me $1 for a "side order" of olive oil.

Nits aside, this is a place that takes food seriously and you can tell the minute you walk in the door. There's an Alice Waters quote on the wall about "use the finest ingredients and simple food will taste sublime because it tastes like what it is" (or words to that effect) and it's clear they live by that motto. I ordered a summer squash carpaccio that was an almost perfect summer appetizer: light, and fresh, and delicious. Highly recommend the reasonably priced small plate options at the top of the menu--all of which sounded great (the carpaccio was one). I then ordered a margherita pizza, figuring that's the gold standard for wood-fired pizzas, and it was excellent. Sweet, smoky, and delicious. Fresh ingredients. No overwhelming crust.

Please note that it's small, intimate, and a bit upscale. Stick to Setebellos for families, which offers a wood fired pizza that is every bit as good. But this place is worth a visit. Nice decor. Excellent service (attentive but not overbearing). Trust me, foodies. This place is the real deal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Granada Hills, California, United States
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

have you ever been unable to stop yourself from eating something because it's so good...now bring the pain of I ate too much. Who knew pizza with goat cheese, corn, and calabrese would be my kryptonite! The pizza is a nice size with the perfect crust, the only thing I would change would be the way the cheese is placed not every slice gets it but other than that no complaints. Service was great, I did make a reservation even-though when I first arrived it didn't look like I needed one. The place got busier after 7-7:30, I look forward to stopping in again the next time I'm in the area.

Visited July 2013
Orem, Utah, United States
“One of the best in Utah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've never ordered something I wasn't blown away by at Pizzeria 712. My favorite outing there was with six of my closest friends for my birthday, and we shared a number of appetizers, two pizzas, and three desserts. The ambiance and service are top notch (I especially love sitting next to the brick oven to chat with the chef), and I love eating there. It's definitely in my top two restaurants I've eaten at in Utah and probably my top five in the country.

Because the menu is ever changing, it's difficult to say what you should order because it may not be there when you go, but no matter the season, order the Winder Farms buttermilk panna cotta - it will never disappoint you. Food perfection!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee
“Best kept secret in Utah!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Absolutely the best food and service I have had in a very long time. The ingredients were simple, fresh and outstanding. We were passing through on vacation and saw the reviews on Trip Advisor, so we thought we would give it a whirl. My husband and two teenage sons said best food in a long time. We shared a salad, pizza and the beef panini. We were all too stuffed to get dessert but next time we will order dessert first so we dont run out of room

• Visited June 2013