“Good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Rialto, California
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this Hamton Inn while traveling out of state on a get-a-way trip. The rooms are alittle small, especially the bathrooms, but it was very comfortable and clean. It was a good price for what you get and the hotel was quiet. We enjoyed the complimentary "Breakfast on the go" bags at the front counter, since we were not able to stay for the sit down complimentary breakfast they provide free.

Room Tip: We asked for a top room floor to elimate any noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you; please come back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Wonderful hotel with very comfy beds. Breakfast was great, and the hotel staff was very pleasant. Rooms were good size. The location is convenient for freeway, shopping and also just a couple of miles to BYU. Hope to stay here again soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks for a great survey; sorry we were late on the reply :)
Toronto
Reviewed September 25, 2013

When travelling I have a list of hotel chains we like to stay at. Having travelled a lot for business and pleasure I have a list of things that an hotel must tick. The hotel being an Hampton Inn would give me a very comfortable bed. Very clean rooms. A good selection at breakfast. Friendly staff. This one ticked all the boxes. Even the price was reasonable. If you want it cheap, you will get it "cheap".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thanks for putting our hotel in the same "typical" catagory as other Hampton's that you stay at. I don't mind at all being typical as long as it's a positive and not a negative. Hope we'll see you again.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I normally don't stay at Hampton Inns, but did this past week. The room was smaller than I expected and the bathroom was quite old and in need of an update. The internet and shower were decent and the bed was OK, but for $129, I expected more than the $75 Comfort Inn a few blocks away. I had an issue with my bathroom sink, as it didn't drain. After asking the desk to check the drain, I found out it was not done and had backed up the next morning. I told the desk clerk the second evening that if it was not fixed, I would not pay for the room. That finally seemed to get their attention, because when I returned from dinner, the drain worked and the sink was clean of the debris from it backing up. I do wish it was taken care of when I asked nicely, but apparently I was shined on. Woould I stay there again? I don't think so when other properties close by are less expensive and have better customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I'm so sorry to read in your comments that we didn't show our best side regarding customer service. It's dissapointing to me whenever I hear that we've fallen short in that area because we try extremely hard to make superior customer service the norm. I hope you'll accept my apologies, and trust me when I say that I'll address your issue with the front desk as well as our maintenance staff to ensure that we do a better job from here on out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I hope you'll reconsider your decision to stay elsewhere next time you come to town, and give us another shot at winning you over.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on September 20, 2013 I believe in Room 309 and we can say little in terms of positive feedback other than to say that the beds were very comfortable, but that is the only positive comment we can offer. The sheet on one of the beds was stained albeit an older brown stain as the sheets did look laundered and it looked like either blood or fecal matter. This stain was obvious as soon as the sheets were pulled back so there would be no way housekeeping would not notice this. I would never expect to have stained sheets in a Hampton Inn! The room was cramped, dingy and dark. The view was of a wall which looked like it was less than two feet away. To us it felt like we were placed in a room at the back of the hotel that no one else wanted. There was no armchair, just a computer chair and a kitchen table chair so we had to watch t.v. in bed. The bathroom was small and looked very dated. There was not the usual granite countertop surface that is evident at most Hampton Inns these days and what surface there was was very small so it was difficult to put toiletries out. It really was to us a gross experience and absolutely not up to the usual Hampton Inn standards we have come to expect and we stay at many Hampton Inns. We have forwarded our concerns to the Hampton Inn customer service and hopefully they will respond appropriately as we were very dissatisfied with this accommodation. This hotel room felt like a motel room as opposed to a hotel room. We had stayed at this facility at least twice in the past although that was two years and more back, and at that time it was a nice experience so not sure what happened here.

1 Thank Bernadette K
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel! Per our discussions in email I have taken the necessary steps to correct the issues listed. We do indeed have just a couple of rooms that do not have a view due to the physical structure of the building. I am currently looking into what we can do to make those rooms more appealing to our guests. We will look into added furniture and other amenities to create a better atmosphere.
Vallejo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

As long as you are not in the hallway with an exit, stairs, employee maintenance room, ice machine, laundry room, and gym it's an excellent place to stay. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast was great. The noise level is my only small complaint. I would totally stay there again, just in a different hallway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks for an honest review of your stay! Sorry that there was an issue with noise. I'll look into what we can do to quiet that hallway down, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I sure hope we will see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel and our room were very clean. The staff was very helpful at check in. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked offering the typical Hampton Inn selection. W accidentily left our jackets when we checked out. We realized this later in the day, called the hotel and they quickly located our jackets. We asked them to send them to us which they did. Well done, Hampton Inn Orem!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for writing in and giving us high marks! Glad we were able to get your jackets back to you safe and sound - the weather's feeling like fall and your gonna need em'. I hope we'll see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
TownePlace Suites Provo Orem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Hampton Inn Provo
Hampton Inn Provo
#1 of 20 in Provo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Provo Orem
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Orem? Share your experiences!