“A good night's sleep!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stand here for one night, on business and was pleased with the property. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The room was quite comfortable with a small sofa, desk and chair, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was adequate but the counter space VERY limited. The bed was quite comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. However,the main reason I slept like a rock was that I could get the room temp sufficiently low! The heat/AC unit worked well enough that the room cooled down nicely...this is rarely the case in these days of non-opening windows.

The downside of this property was breakfast. While it is included in the price of the room, and there were plenty of refined carbohydrates and sugary foods available, you do get the protein source you pay for...powdered eggs. But I will happily buy my own breakfast for a good, cool night's sleep!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jacqueet
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I'm happy to hear that you had a good night's sleep on your visit with us. Sorry to hear that breakfast was not quite up to standards for you. Just as an F.Y.I.; we offer 7 or 8 different main courses for breakfast that rotate through different days of the week. Hopefully you'll come back for another good night's sleep and find more appealing options for breakfast.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay; we really do appreciate it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a quick, one-night stop in Orem for a photo assignment. I love Hampton Inns because they're almost always crisp and clean and quiet. And, the breakfast is great, as it was here. I couldn't tell if this was a new hotel or a remodeled older one, mainly because of the different layout of the small bathroom, but everything worked great. The tub was a bit slippery so watch that, but other than that it had everything you've come to expect from a Hampton Inn. As always, the breakfast was outstanding with eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), waffles, yogurt, the great Hampton Inn real oatmeal, fruit, coffee, etc. The internet worked great and the tv had a ton of great channels. It was a pretty quiet hotel without a lot of the dreaded door-slamming that I've resigned myself to expecting everywhere, unfortunately. But, it was quiet here. The slight highway sound was music to my ears; soothing and just what I need for a great nights sleep. The perfect bed helped, too. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in the Orem, UT area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottyG777
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for such a favorable review of our hotel! You are exactly right in assessing that we have been recently renovated; and that the bathrooms are still to come in the near future. Thanks so much for taking the time to express your thoughts!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I liked this hotel just fine, but was expecting a nice view. And if you went up to the window and craned your neck to the right, you could see the mountains, but the real view just looking out the window was a painted wall. The layout was good. The breakfast included hot oatmeal - my usual - and not just packets of oatmeal and hot water. The bed was fairly comfortable, though the sheets wouldn't stay on. All in all, not bad for the price, but not perfect, either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leylacheri
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay with us; we appreciate your comments. I'm sorry that you didn't get a room with a view. Out of the 129 rooms available there are just a small handful...4 rooms that have an obstructed view due to the construction of the hotel. All of the other rooms either look directly out at the mountains; or out across Utah Lake. I hope you'll come and see us again and request a room with either a lake or mountain view. I think you'll be very happy with what you see. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very little scenery around the area and, as an Hhonors member, I was disappointed to be put into a room right behind the elevator on the third floor with a view of a painted wall out the window. I`d give it a 7 out of 10.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thanks for providing your thoughts on your recent stay in September. May I suggest a beautiful park just blocks away from the hotel that I think would meet with your approval in regards to the nearby scenery. It has a very nice walking trail; mature trees and a pond with benches to sit and enjoy the view. I also wanted to apologize for the lack of a view in the room you stayed in. I'll be the first to admit that it is one of only 2 rooms in the hotel that does not provide a view of either the mountains or Utah Lake. I hope you'll come back and try us again. I would be happy to assist you in getting a room with a view.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Registration desk staff were pleasant and welcoming. Hotel property is well maintained. Good value for the lodging dollar. The beds are new generation Hampton Inn quality. Breakfast is predictable Hampton Inn fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the Interstate. The exit ramp and highway are very close. Even w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rgray2f
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments; they mean the world to us! I hope we'll see you again if you are out this way.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the size of the suite. Katie at the front desk went out of her way for us. Really enjoyed breakfast. I only wish i could have stayed more than one night. The bed was so comfortable, it was difficult to get up in the morning.

Room Tip: If traveling with a family reserve a suite. Having your own bedroom (or giving it to the kids) and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write your review; your comments were very kind. I agree with you on how comfortable the beds are; they really do make it hard to get out of bed in the morning. I hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Hampton Inn and Suites in Orem, Utah is a great place to stay in the Provo area. It's clean, the rooms are large and the price is right. It's very convenient to the University and close to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon. The breakfast is typical, but good. The staff has been very helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

So glad to read that you had a good stay with us! If you like Bridal Veil Falls when visiting the area; if you haven't already been there, take the short 10 minute drive from there up to Sundance; it's beautiful!

Thanks again for giving us high marks; we really do appreciate it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem-North Provo
TownePlace Suites Provo Orem
Fairfield Inn & Suites Provo Orem
Hampton Inn Provo
Hampton Inn Provo
#1 of 20 in Provo
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Orem? Share your experiences!