“This is a good one.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very pleasantly surprised at this La Quinta. The pool was like a warm bath and the hot tub was pretty good too. The rooms have been tastefully remodeled and the decor is modern. There is no extra charge for pets and the breakfast was good too. Easy on and off of I15.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank DebOnVacay

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. Staff were very helpful and even let me check in early with no extra charges. I wasn't sure what to expect having never stayed at a La Quinta, the price was really really good so I wasn't expecting too much.

I got allocated a room which looked out towards a large lake and the mountains, which was great to wake upto every morning. The room was really spacious and well maintained, everything was brilliant including the rather large flat screen tv placed perfectly for lying in your bed watching ;) Only draw back to the room was the lack of water pressure from the shower. It wasn't unbearable but considering how good the rest of the room was it was the only draw back and I am being picky here.

The swimming pool I used once on the visit, I wasn't too pleased with it. This was mainly down to the lack of changing facilities. Its a grab a towel and walk back in your wet swimming kit kind of pool rather than having a facility to change out of your wet kit before returning to your room. I felt that this did let it down a bit, especially as my room was several floors up.

While at the hotel I read some rather worrying reviews about unruley school kids and people drunk in corridoors. Well on my visit 2 of the nights there were 2 bus loads of school kids staying. Other than the noise of them trying to find their rooms I wouldn't have been able to tell that they were in the hotel. Every night was quiet and peaceful, also never saw any drunk hotel guests at any point during my stay.

I would definitely be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to go to Provo or Orem for business etc, great hotel, fantastic price. Its on the same road as the University Mall and there is a large retail outlet just down from the hotel, so plenty places to go to for food or shopping etc. I wouldn't be put off from some of the other less positive reviews that I have seen for this hotel, as my experience was certainly great.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the mountains, really pleasant view!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Very simple layout. Clean rooms and friendly staff

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here. It's in a convenient location. It was nice and quiet. Reasonable rates. The breakfast is good. This will continue to be our hotel for the Orem area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stay at La Quintas since they allow our dogs. We've stayed at this hotel and the one in South Provo. By far, this is the nicer one. Great rooms, good breakfast, good service. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2011

La Quinta is located near Utah Valley University in Orem, and very close to lots of great shopping! We enjoy staying there..spacious rooms, fridge and microwave in each room, everything we needed. They serve a nice breakfast buffet. It is a very convenient place for us to stay when we visit our college student. You just need to plan around BYU home games when staying there...traffic is a nightmare if you hit the game traffic!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stopped here after driving through Yellowstone Park, had asked for a smoking room but we arrived too late and none were available. Room was clean and they gave us a room near the exit for going out for a smoke.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple