“Little Hotel with a whole lotta SPUNK!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is the second time that my family has stayed at this hotel in the last 6 months. The last time we stayed here we were not overly impressed but there was a death in the family and we had to make another quick trip to the Utah area.

Wow! this time was so much worse than our first visit in April. We booked a Suite since we have 2 young kids and had them sleep on the pull out futon that they provide. We opened the bed to find out a mysterious substance... ie. spunk on the bed. We called the front desk as soon as saw it and they said they would have someone steam clean the location. We were out all day the next day. Came back late and found that the bed was not cleaned. DISGUSTING.
We put many layers of sheets and towels so our children were not being subjected to the filth but still for the price we were paying we expect to be clean. That is a basic expecation when you book a hotel.

However, after escalating to the manager and leaving various messages for her, we never had the problem resolved while we there.

But wait there's more! La Quinta sent me a survey after our visit and I provided real and honest feedback on our visit. The scores were quite low overall and they never followed up. Never checked in to see the specifics or to take care of very unhappy customer.

My advice... stay away from this hotel. Any management chain that is okay leaving filth in the room after customers complain not once, not twice, but 3 times doesn't get it. Also, makes you wonder what other items they are skipping when it comes to cleanliness of the room.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I intended to stay at in Moab but missed a turn and ended up in Orem. Entered the city at an odd spot where I encountered a lot of road construction and got a bit lost. It was getting dark and I got a little panicky plus I had my 14 yr old dog with me who really needed to be out of the car. I stumbled upon a Holiday Inn Express but they wanted too much money. The girl was nice enough to send me up the road to La Quinta which was a much better deal plus they had NO PET CHARGE! Great! They gave me a king suite which was lovely! It was on the 3rd floor but the elevator was good for my old dog.It had free wi-fi and a large flat screen tv. I travel cheap and for the price I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel. Staff was very friendly and informative. I didn't get to partake in the free breakfast because the bed was so wonderful I chose to sleep in. I wish I could've stayed longer!

Room Tip: There was no restaurant but several in the very near vicinity.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The title of this review says it all. If you are traveling with a family, this is a really good place to stay. It's inexpensive, the rooms are clean and quite roomy (we have a bunch of kids and the staff had no problems with us putting in a number of cribs/pack-n-plays, etc.

The indoor pool, particularly in the winter, is a real treat for the kids. While it's overly chlorinated and feels a bit like a sauna inside, it's a great way for the kids to get out their final wiggles for the day before bed. It can get a bit crowded in the pool area, but that hasn't seemed to matter too much.

The complimentary breakfast is quite generous, even if the quality is what you'd expect from a free hotel-wide breakfast. make-your-own waffles, cereals, toasts, bagels, etc. Not bad considering.

We always stay here when we are in town and would recommend it to any family with smaller kids.

Room Tip: Try not to get stuck with a room right next to the elevator, or too close to the pool. Both will be...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was the 4th La Quinta stop with our kitty on the road trip home to Oregon. We decided to stay in Orem instead of Provo or Midvale because of the reviews. Boy are we glad we did. This property is excellent, convenient, clean, and comfortable. The laundry facilities we new and the fitness facility was great. The room was very clean and spacious. This is a very quiet property because it sits up on a hill with great views. Very convenient hop back on I15. There's a great SW/Mexican restaurant across the street and up a block called La Milagro. Our kitty was very happy staying at this property. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 25, 2011

On a trip to Yellowstone booked 6 nights in various pet friendly motels. This LaQuinta was the nicest and least expensive of the trip. I was impressed with the decor, comfort, cleanliness and size of our room. The breakfast was minimal, but for the price, I give this place an excellent rating! At the great rate they offered, breakfast wasn't significant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've stayed at La Quinta Inns in the past and this is one of their nicer properties. I like that they have a "pet friendly & welcoming" atmosphere, which is why I usually choose La Quinta.

The hotel was clean, quiet, and in a convenient location. The WiFi was nice and fast. The breakfast is typical La Qunta fare, which works for me. if I had to pick a weakness (and this is pretty minor) - the tv seemed to have pretty lousy reception (too bad since it was a nice new LG flat panel LCD TV).

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rocky_Mountain069
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We loved the nice big rooms. They were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SamCoKennewick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Provo Orem
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway? Share your experiences!