“Solid family hotel with good indoor pool and solid complimentary breakfast”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The title of this review says it all. If you are traveling with a family, this is a really good place to stay. It's inexpensive, the rooms are clean and quite roomy (we have a bunch of kids and the staff had no problems with us putting in a number of cribs/pack-n-plays, etc.

The indoor pool, particularly in the winter, is a real treat for the kids. While it's overly chlorinated and feels a bit like a sauna inside, it's a great way for the kids to get out their final wiggles for the day before bed. It can get a bit crowded in the pool area, but that hasn't seemed to matter too much.

The complimentary breakfast is quite generous, even if the quality is what you'd expect from a free hotel-wide breakfast. make-your-own waffles, cereals, toasts, bagels, etc. Not bad considering.

We always stay here when we are in town and would recommend it to any family with smaller kids.

Room Tip: Try not to get stuck with a room right next to the elevator, or too close to the pool. Both will be...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was the 4th La Quinta stop with our kitty on the road trip home to Oregon. We decided to stay in Orem instead of Provo or Midvale because of the reviews. Boy are we glad we did. This property is excellent, convenient, clean, and comfortable. The laundry facilities we new and the fitness facility was great. The room was very clean and spacious. This is a very quiet property because it sits up on a hill with great views. Very convenient hop back on I15. There's a great SW/Mexican restaurant across the street and up a block called La Milagro. Our kitty was very happy staying at this property. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 25, 2011

On a trip to Yellowstone booked 6 nights in various pet friendly motels. This LaQuinta was the nicest and least expensive of the trip. I was impressed with the decor, comfort, cleanliness and size of our room. The breakfast was minimal, but for the price, I give this place an excellent rating! At the great rate they offered, breakfast wasn't significant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've stayed at La Quinta Inns in the past and this is one of their nicer properties. I like that they have a "pet friendly & welcoming" atmosphere, which is why I usually choose La Quinta.

The hotel was clean, quiet, and in a convenient location. The WiFi was nice and fast. The breakfast is typical La Qunta fare, which works for me. if I had to pick a weakness (and this is pretty minor) - the tv seemed to have pretty lousy reception (too bad since it was a nice new LG flat panel LCD TV).

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rocky_Mountain069
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We loved the nice big rooms. They were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SamCoKennewick
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Our teams decided to stay at the this hotel for our state baseball tournoment. We had two teams from out town and had booked at least twenty rooms. Since our teams played till after ten each eveing we made an arrangement for the pool to stay open for our boys for an extra hour. All day long our boys looked forward to swimming after their games. They swam for fifteen minutes when the desk clerk came and kicked them all out. When our team manager told her about the arrangement she had made with the day manager, the desk clerk refused to honor it.
The next day our team manager complained to the manager about the way we had been treated the night before, and all she said was "I can't do anything for you." That day noone on our teams had their rooms cleaned. I have never experienced such petty customer service.
On top of all this, our room smelled musty, it had not been vacumed when we arrived on day one. On day two before the pool incident it still had not been vacumed when "cleaned." I had to get the maid to come back by insisting if she would not vacume the floor I would take the vacume and do it myself.
I will NEVER stay here again and I am quite certain no one from my town will stay there again either, as we are busy spreading the word about the treatment we recieved.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HWM023
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have stayed here before and my recent visit was a week long. The staff are friendly, hotel is very clean, fresh looking, good location, great manager. I will stay again. My last visit, one week long, was basically good. However, the hotel needs to decide who they are going to cater to. Will it be people like myself who are on business, the many senior citizens who are visiting family, the Mormon women attending a LDS conference OR the group of young men who are remodeling a nearby store and become so drunk that the hotel calls the cops? The young males, they are not men, come to breakfast in their tank tops, skull caps and their pants sagging so you can see their ***, and they sit around and use foul language, oh, and they flirt with the mormon women who are at the hotel attending a women's conference. (I will say that the hotel did not hesitate to call the cops on the guy that was so drunk that he could not walk down the hall, and bravo for the hotel calling the cops. I just wish that the cops had hauled him off, instead they returned him to his room, and soon he was out again banging on doors). Before I stay there again I will call the hotel to make sure that this group is not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank oilartist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem
Fairfield Inn & Suites Provo Orem
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway? Share your experiences!