“Worst service ever”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Moab, Utah
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Our teams decided to stay at the this hotel for our state baseball tournoment. We had two teams from out town and had booked at least twenty rooms. Since our teams played till after ten each eveing we made an arrangement for the pool to stay open for our boys for an extra hour. All day long our boys looked forward to swimming after their games. They swam for fifteen minutes when the desk clerk came and kicked them all out. When our team manager told her about the arrangement she had made with the day manager, the desk clerk refused to honor it.
The next day our team manager complained to the manager about the way we had been treated the night before, and all she said was "I can't do anything for you." That day noone on our teams had their rooms cleaned. I have never experienced such petty customer service.
On top of all this, our room smelled musty, it had not been vacumed when we arrived on day one. On day two before the pool incident it still had not been vacumed when "cleaned." I had to get the maid to come back by insisting if she would not vacume the floor I would take the vacume and do it myself.
I will NEVER stay here again and I am quite certain no one from my town will stay there again either, as we are busy spreading the word about the treatment we recieved.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank HWM023

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have stayed here before and my recent visit was a week long. The staff are friendly, hotel is very clean, fresh looking, good location, great manager. I will stay again. My last visit, one week long, was basically good. However, the hotel needs to decide who they are going to cater to. Will it be people like myself who are on business, the many senior citizens who are visiting family, the Mormon women attending a LDS conference OR the group of young men who are remodeling a nearby store and become so drunk that the hotel calls the cops? The young males, they are not men, come to breakfast in their tank tops, skull caps and their pants sagging so you can see their ***, and they sit around and use foul language, oh, and they flirt with the mormon women who are at the hotel attending a women's conference. (I will say that the hotel did not hesitate to call the cops on the guy that was so drunk that he could not walk down the hall, and bravo for the hotel calling the cops. I just wish that the cops had hauled him off, instead they returned him to his room, and soon he was out again banging on doors). Before I stay there again I will call the hotel to make sure that this group is not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank oilartist
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We booked the La Quinta Inn for our family vacation from April 19 through April 25. At the time we booked, the La Quinta Inn did not have a room available on April 21, so they booked our stay as two reservations, the first reservation for two nights (April 19 and 20) and the second for three nights (April 22-25). When we arrived at the La Quinta Inn, we spoke to the manager Crystal and told her that we hoped to be able to stay at the La Quinta Inn on April 21 so that we did not have to move hotels for one night. Crystal told us that the hotel was overbooked and she did not expect that here would be a cancellation for April 21 and gave us a list of other hotels in the area. We spoke to Crystal again on the morning of April 21 and Crystal again told us that the hotel had no room so we would have to check out for one night, but took our phone number and assured us that she would call if the hotel received a cancellation. We did not hear from the hotel, so we found another hotel for the one night with the knowledge that we had a reservation at the La Quinta Inn for the remainder of our stay. On April 22, I called the La Quinta Inn to confirm our late arrival for that evening and was shocked to learn from the front desk (Sylvan) that our reservation was cancelled. I told Sylvan that we had not cancelled our reservation, but Sylvan informed me that the hotel was full for the evening and that there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to the manager (Crystal) but Sylvan told me that she would not be available until the following Monday (three days later), and again told me that there was nothing he could do to help us. The La Quinta Inn had no concern that they put us in a position where we had to scramble to find a hotel last minute for our family for the remainder of our stay. We will never stay at or recommend a La Quinta Inn again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at a La Quinta Inn
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelers123abc

Travelers are raving about these Orem hotels

Layton, Utah
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I chose the LaQuinta for it's convenience factor and reputation. My daughter (10) and I only stayed from Saturday to Sunday, but enjoyed it nonetheless. The desk clerk was able to check us in three hours early (very nice). The foyer area also doubles as the breakfast room for their breakfast buffet (included with the stay).

The beds were a bit soft for my taste, but everything was clean and well taken care of. I suspect this location will soon join the "flat-screen" bandwagon. I was somewhat surprised that they haven't already.

I used the workout room and it could stand a little TLC. The elliptical made a knocking noise, so I gave up and opted for the treadmill. There were no towels inside, nor were their water cups. If you don't use the workout rooms when you travel, then this isn't a huge deal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WonderWoman1975
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Stayed here for a week while visiting corporate HQ in Provo.
Easy to find location just a short way from I15 on Univesity Parkway.
My room was on the ground floor, overlooking the car park.
Good size and comfortable with large double bed, flat screen tv, decent bathroom and plenty of storeage.
Breakfast buffet was no more than adequate.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We make frequent trips to Utah and for the last three years we have stayed at this LaQuinta in Orem. Because of the service we've received, we have only stayed with LaQuinta during our frequent travels across the U.S. as well. We will never stay at another LaQuinta again. Our first night was fine, same as always. The second night, the hotel entertained a bus load of high school kids from Vernal, Utah.whose chaperones must have been deaf. At 12:30 am, we called the front desk, told them the room beside us as well as others were still being loud. The chaperones made a walk down the hall, after that the noise continued. One young man in the room next to us, from the time he got there, would open the door, let it slam, run down the hall, run back, and then pound on his door with his fist to be let back in. At 2:30 a.m, when he opened his door again, I opened mine and yelled at him to get in his room, shut-up and go to bed or I would be calling the police. Amazing that what the chaperones refused to do, I could do in one sentence. At 5:50 a.m., this same kid was outside our door loudly ridiculing me and imitating me yelling at him and then stating he had basically told me where to go. At this point I opened the door again and said, "Oh, little boy, why don't you tell the truth about how you went right to bed and didn't say another word?" I then called the front desk again and spoke with Stephanie again and asked what school these kids were from. Understandably, she would not give this information out. Less than 10 minutes later, there is a knock at my door and the coaches and the young man are outside of it. I did not open my door, but told them I didn't care to speak to them and that I would be calling the school. I then called the front desk and asked Stephanie if she had given my room number out, which she had. So I can't know the name of the school, but she gives out my room number to the people I complained about. She told me she thought it would be good if they apologized to me. It wasn't. Sad to say, this isn't the end. The next night we again had people, not the students, running up and down the hall, talking loudly. Once again, rooms were opening their doors telling these 4 adults to shut up, threats of calling the desk, and threats of going down and reporting it did no good. At 2 am, we had had enough. I went downstairs to get my bill, had to wait nearly 30 minutes for Stephanie to show up. When I asked for it, she told me it was under my door. I told her after 2 nights of no sleep, we were leaving with an 11 hour trip in front of us and that I had to work the next three days of my 12-14 hours shifts and that we were exhausted. Without looking up from her computer, she smirked and said, "You have a nice rest of your day." to which I responded that she could have a nice call from corporate. I did call corporate and complain for all the good it did, so based on that, I will never darken another door of LaQuinta again. Last week, I stayed at the Hampton Inn a block away and it was wonderful! While La Quinta had come down in their standards of cleanliness, Hampton was spotless.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pamdorasbox
South Dakota
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Chose hotel as it is close to where Orem Owlz play. Modern room, quiet, nice staff, close to Walmart & McDonalds, etc. Would give cleanliness a 3.5 rating; not too bad for a highly utilized hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hillstilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River
TownePlace Suites Provo Orem

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway? Share your experiences!