“Mediocre but the potential is there”

Rovali's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 375 Restaurants in Ogden
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Rovali's Ristorante Italiano is located on Historic 25th Street in Ogden Utah. Our building is over 106 years old and has a very authentic atmosphere with our old brick walls and wooden floors. Our decor is old school Italian and we have a patio for outside dining and special events! Rovali's Ristorante is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant. We strive for the very best and authentic Italian food. We also strive for the perfect Italian eating experience; from the ambiance to our service. We want you to feel right at home when you visit our restaurant! Rovali's is unique in many ways. We have a full service Espresso bar and we have a wide variety of cocktails, beer and drinks to choose from. We also make our desserts from scratch. Andrea is our baker and one of the owners. She brings an incredible talent for your palette. Chef Ro has more than 20 years of experience in cooking fine Italian Cuisine. We call him the Master of Spice for his unmatched cooking style.We also have many gluten free options, as well as, vegetarian sauces and entrees! See more on our menus. Entertainment has always been part of the Rovali's experience. We bring in live music every Friday and Saturday night from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ( 7:00 to 9:00 during summer months) for your enjoyment. We have some of the best local artists and our talent pool keeps growing!
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This restaurant was okay but nothing to shout about. The sauce has potential, the pastries are good, but everything else is not. My husband got Chicken Marsala. It was unseasoned, dry, and chopped up like dog food. The Marsala sauce was delicious. I opted to try a little of everything and found my food cold, and under seasoned. The pasta was overcooked and the sauces were just okay. We won't be back . If you are on 25th try Roosters, Jasoh, or Bistro 258 and avoid this restaurant.

alexm731, Owner at Rovali's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Hi Teresa,

My name is Alex and I own Rovali's Ristorante Italiano. I am sorry you did not have a good experience on your visit. We pride ourselves on our food, atmosphere and service and I would like to invite you back to give us another try. We would have been more than happy to replace the dish you were not satisfied with... we are a small family owned restaurant and we really want all of our customers happy. If you return please don't hesitate to ask for me.

Kind Regards,

Owner of Rovali's Ristorante

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Fantastic food!! The best service, the owner personally greeted us and made us feel welcome.

Thank you for the very kind response!!

Owner

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We took our daughter, son-in-law and grandson on a Saturday night. It's a great family restaurant, excellent food and awesome atmosphere. We recommend the cheesy bread as an appetizer. We all enjoyed our main dishes. Desserts were canalonni and tiramisu. We will certainly return.

Hi,

I remember when you folks came in! I must admit you were excellent customers as well! We would certainly invite you back the next time you are in Ogden Utah!

Thanks again,

Owner

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Entrees were good. The Lasagna and the Tour of Italy were good. However, my iced tea glass had a large obvious lipstick mark on it, which made me worry about the restuarant's cleanliness and health risk. We told the waitress, who brought me a new glass but no apology from the manager or other explanations. The dessert, mango cake, was average.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My adult daughter’s birthday. We traveled up from Draper. She couldn’t decide which restaurant on historic 25th street so I suggested we go to the #1 rated, Rovali’s. We were the only one’s in there late Friday afternoon. The service/waitress was fantastic. The food tasted good. The serving size was medium. We ordered 3 pasta dishes, 2 beers & 1 coke. No appetizer, No dessert and paid $61. before the $10 tip! $71 for pasta? Medium serving size? That’s a money maker! The spaghetti factory is about half that for “about” the same quality.

3  Thank Hungry98